[CHAPTER 26]

"Die." (Y/N) said in a monotonous tone as their eyes flashed brighter and brighter and they stomach tentacle was about to pierce One, but then a red dot appeared.

Quicker than a flash, the stomach tentacle had a hole in it, and then it exploded after bubbling. A ton of MM soldiers began to run towards the two. "Quickly! Kill the variant! Make sure that monster doesn't absorb his powers!"

One was shot several times by the soldiers, then gasoline was poured on him and a matchstick was thrown onto his corpse. The soldiers then turned to (Y/N) and pointed their guns at them. (Y/N) put their hands up, but unknown to the soldiers, tentacles had creeped out of (Y/N)'s legs and buried themselves underground.

A couple seconds later, multiple tentacles shot up from the ground, killing all of the MM soldiers. (Y/N) quickly turned to the burning corpse of One and saw a small piece of him left, they smiled and their stomach tentacle grew back and ate the piece.

Their body visibly flinched after eating the left-overs of the corpse, but they were fine afterwards. They then realized that the MM soldiers may've found Gyuhwan and his group. They began to quickly rush over to Gyuhwan's location.

 They began to quickly rush over to Gyuhwan's location

With Gyuhwan, Ms. Kim and Seonyeob had been shot and killed on the spot. Gyuhwan's entire group were scared. The soldiers had surrounded their entire group. The remaining people in the group all had several red shining dots on their heads or their chests.

They were all shot at the same time, but the soldiers didn't use their venom ammo, so Gyuhwan (who's soul was awakened) was still standing despite being shot. His group however were all on the floor, not dead though.

The soldiers gasped as they pointed their guns at Gyuhwan. Gyuhwan was shot multiple times until he couldn't hold up anymore and fell to the floor, bleeding out.

However, before he could be fully killed, the soldiers were all instantly killed. Gyuhwan looked up, trying his best to stay conscious and saw a figure that looked like his friend. It looked like (Y/N).

They stood over Gyuhwan and stretched out their arm. "Gyuhwan. This'll probably be the last time you'll see me. I wish you luck." A white flash covered (Y/N) and Gyuhwan's entire group and they were all healed, including the dead. "Goodbye. I hope you enjoy my last gift." (Y/N) sighed as they prepared to jump. Gyuhwan stood up and tried to stop them but by then, they had already left.

"(Y/N)..." Gyuhwan mumbled under his breath, he was confused. Why would someone suddenly leave? He turned around and was surprised to see Ms. Kim, Seonyeob and Zero alive. Also, he saw that Shinyeong's, Jongpil's, and Jayden's wounds were healed.

The people in his group all stood up, they all were also confused.

It was a bright morning.

Despite everything that had happened during the night, everything was so sunny.