[EPILOGUE]

The apartment complex had never been so silent.

Usually, the sound of a distant bass could be heard through the thin walls, or the angry residents complaining about the area. But, for once, the place was silent.

The only sounds to be heard were the pitter patter of the rain outside. Rotting corpses littered the area, humans and monsters alike. However, one thing that stood out despite the chaos, were the two cocoon-like objects on the building's roof.

Sometimes, monsters would wander near the area, they stare at the cocoons, then leave. It was strange. It looked as if the monsters knew what the cocoons were, as they were so protective of them.

If someone were to damage, or even touch a cocoon, it would lure many monsters to the area. And, if the cocoon were to be destroyed, the monsters would never give up their rush, and it would alert monsters from miles away. No matter what they were doing before, if they felt a cocoon being destroyed, all of them would rush to the area as fast as they could.

Suddenly, one of the cocoons began to wiggle, then a hand stuck out. The hand began to cut through the cocoon, until a boy, about 18 years old walked out. He had no emotion on his face, it was if he had been stripped of everything he used to have. He didn't even have clothes.

The boy wandered throughout the abandoned apartment complex until his eyes locked onto a phone on the floor. He picked it up and turned it on. It barely worked, and had a large crack down it's screen. However, an app was open. A music app.

He pressed the play button and the song began to play. After a few seconds of listening, water began to drip onto the phone. However, it wasn't raining inside of the apartment. He was crying. Despite what he had been told before, he was showing emotions.

Strange.

~1 YEAR LATER~

~1 YEAR LATER~

The cities were quiet. It was snowing. Despite the chaos that had started off, monsters weren't as commonly seen as before.

However, it was still dangerous to wander the streets. Since the monsters could strike at any moment. Gyuhwan could be seen wandering the streets with Shinyeong, Jayden and Zero following behind him.

Due to being under Zero's influence, Gyuhwan doesn't get targeted by the monsters. Zero doesn't get targeted either. Because Shinyeong and Jayden were with the two, they wouldn't be targeted either.

"We're still on the run, don't forget." Gyuhwan turned and told his group. "Don't let your guard down. The MM could strike at any moment." He then turned to Zero. "Any luck on your powers, Zero?"

Zero shook his head, "𝐍𝐨... 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧... 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲... 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫... 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬."

Gyuhwan's group had all grown up, except for Jayden. Gyuhwan was more stern, no longer afraid of people like Seongbin. He also knew how to fight. Zero was better at talking with people, due to being unable to use his telepathy.

Gyuhwan sighed and turned around. "It's fine. Now, we just have to focus on staying out of sight."

However, right as Gyuhwan said that, a red dot appeared on his head. But before anyone could alert him, the gun was fired...

But it didn't hit Gyuhwan. His eyes widened when he saw a familiar face in front of him. It was (Y/N). They looked a little different, but he didn't mind that. He looked at their hand and saw it bubble then explode.

"Long time no see... huh?" (Y/N) cracked a smile, despite being in a dangerous situation. They heard several footsteps and they turned their head to see, what looked like an army of soldiers. They all had their guns pointed at different points on (Y/N).

"Gyuhwan. I need you, and your group, to hide." (Y/N) whispered. "I'll catch up later."

After some hesitation, Gyuhwan ran off, and everyone followed behind him. (Y/N) then chuckled as their pupils faded away and they stared down the MM soldiers as tentacles crawled out of different parts of their bodies, some wrapping around each other to increase their durability. "Now... let's have some fun."

FIN.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗩𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁 [𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘁𝗴𝘂𝗻 𝗕𝗼𝘆 𝘅 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿] 🎉