[CHAPTER 20]

(Y/N) ran throughout the dreaded forest, occasionally tripping over the odd corpse or two. They kept on turning corners until they found it.

A corpse, specifically, Seven's corpse. Well... what was left of it anyway.

(Y/N) tilted their head at the pile of goop on the floor. "I could've sworn I didn't kill you in my last moments..." They cautiously looked around, "...Maybe Gyuhwan killed you?" They turned around and stared into the darkness, "No, he would've told me, right?" Then, they gasped and looked up at their forehead, "AH!"

They swiftly dodged the bullet once it had been shot and began running towards the person who fired it. They attempted to shoot (Y/N) several more times, but failed as they were running too fast.

(Y/N) leaped and found themselves behind the soldier. The soldier quickly turned around and pulled out a knife which had venom coated on it.

"A knife with venom?" (Y/N) questioned as the soldier swung the weapon, however it was easily dodged. "That's new. But, isn't it kind of pathetic?"

"Ah!" (Y/N) raised a finger as they dodged another slice. "You must've known something like this was going to happen, so you used a bullet to coat your knife in venom, evident by the bullet which has a venom stain underneath it."

The soldier swung again and again, but (Y/N) kept on dodging. "Listen. I really don't want to kill you. You must have a nice life. A nice family. But if you keep on trying to cut me, I won't have a choice."

However, the soldier didn't listen and attempted to slash (Y/N) once again. (Y/N) lowered their head and allowed it to get slashed, which created a massive cut on the top of their head.

The soldier waited, but nothing happened, (Y/N) was completely fine!

"W-What?!" The soldier screamed in confusion. "How are you not d-dead?!?!"

"Do you not work for the MM? Did you not read my files, specifically stating that my head doesn't get affected by venom?" (Y/N) asked as they tilted their head. "You know, I hate ignorance."

"Shut up and just die, you monster!" The soldier yelled as he pulled out a pistol from his belt and began to rapidly fill (Y/N)'s skull with bullets.

(Y/N) growled before stabbing the guard in the middle of the chest with a tentacle, but making sure not to go any deeper than the ribcage.

Then, four smaller, thinner tentacles began to branch off of the main one, and they crawled themselves into the joints of each limb.

After a short while, the tentacles began to spin rapidly. Which caused the soldier large amounts of pain as the tentacles slowly cut themselves through him from the inside. The soldier fell onto the floor as the tentacles began to spin even faster causing the pain to be much greater.

Then, it happened, he died and his skin, organs, and meat were shot everywhere. The only part of him left was his head and torso. But he was long gone.

"Well. Don't mind if I do. I have worked up quite an appetite throughout this long night." all of (Y/N)'s tentacles retreated as one tentacle bubbled before stretching out of the stomach with a roar.

This specific tentacle was unique, as it had a mouth. Which wasn't common at all.

The tentacle growled before eating the soldier, well what's left, at a rapid pace. Not stopping, as it doesn't need to breathe.

You see, (Y/N)'s body doesn't work like other variants. They don't absorb things by taking their memories. They consume them with a unique tentacle which comes from the stomach instead of the head to absorb the thing's power. However, this takes a longer time, as (Y/N) needs to fully consume the corpse.