[CHAPTER 18]

*SWOOSH*

The door to Zero's cell opened up, to reveal Gyuhwan standing at the entrance.

"No... that's not happiness!!!" Gyuhwan yelled, however, Zero only looked up in confusion.

Shinyeong struggled, but she managed to speak, despite being incredibly weak. "Gyuhwan... what are you doing...?"

Gyuhwan and Zero were now walking on a road in daylight, Gyuhwan was covered in colour, however, Zero was grey and fuzzy, just like the terrain

"Maybe this wont be easy for you to understand... but I think everyone gets 'sick' at one time or another." Gyuhwan tried his best to explain. "But even so... I think people should keep on living, despite their 'diseases'. I think it's better than living with a false happiness."

"False happiness...?" Zero looked up and muttered. Gyuhwan attempted his best to come up with an explanation.

"Yeah... no, well... how do I put this?" Gyuhwan stuttered.

'Shinyeong would've been able to explain this easily

'Shinyeong would've been able to explain this easily. Me, on the other hand...'

"Um..." Gyuhwan put a hand on his chin as he looked down, as if he was looking for an answer. "Okay, take me for example. I hated my life. I was picked on every day. Every single day. My father was the only person that could've protected me. But he's sick and stuck in bed. Eventually, the only thing I wanted... was my life to end."

"That's why your soul is diseased." Zero stated. Gyuhwan nodded his head.

"Yes. That's right." He replied. "But amazingly... I've never actually tried to end my life. Isn't that strange?"

After a bit of thinking, Zero replied. "That IS strange."

"I think what I really wanted wasn't to die. It was revenge." Gyuhwan stated as he raised his fist with a smile.

"On Seongbin?" Zero asked to get confirmation.

"Yes. And today... I realized something while fighting those monsters. Suddenly, Seongbin didn't seem like such a big deal." Gyuhwan explained. A whole bunch of images showed up of Gyuhwan shooting down most of the monsters.