[CHAPTER 22]

Gyuhwan patted Zero's back before he tilted his head and muttered a question, "Desire?"

However, Zero didn't respond as he was kneeling down in pain. He grabbed Gyuhwan's arm and began to show what he was seeing. Gyuhwan's nose began to bleed as he watched Seongbin murder multiple innocent students with a scratchy inaudible voice.

When Zero let go of Gyuhwan, he jumped back in fear and surprise. Shinyeong began to wake up as she rubbed her eyes. "Gyuhwan? What's happening?"

"Seongbin's become a m-monster." Gyuhwan stated with more blood slowly pouring from his nose.

"What?" Shinyeong's eyes widened as she stood up hastily. "Do you mean the monsters got him?"

"No. He's become a monster himself." Gyuhwan replied to Shinyeong as Jongpil and Jayden woke up.

" Gyuhwan replied to Shinyeong as Jongpil and Jayden woke up

"Huff... Huff..." (Y/N)'s body was slowly regenerating. However, they were in immense pain from the strikes. "He packs quite a punch..."

"I wonder what the others think of my prolonged absence." They looked down and sighed. "Okay, I only need to regenerate my lower legs."

"(Y/N)." A voice said from behind (Y/N). They turned around to be faced with One. "I've come to make a request."

(Y/N) looked down in silence. Ignoring the monster in front of them.

"I want you to join me." One stated, causing (Y/N) to flinch. "Join me, and we can change the world. Think about it, kid."

"Why." (Y/N) responded after some hesitation. "Why do you want me to join you?"

"All of my colleagues are dead. I know you hated them. So did I." One sighed. "Why do you care for such lowly beings, such as humans or that faux god?"

One stared directly into (Y/N)'s eyes. "You're different from the other ones. Me and you, we're the same. We're powerful. We can change the world."

"Ugh..." (Y/N) put a hand over their head. "I don't know what to say..."

"Take your time. When you're ready, come find me." One stated as he began to retreat into the forest. "Don't take too long, or I'll kill you."

"..." (Y/N) watched as the man disappeared into the forest. They were confused, why would their enemy try to team up with them? It didn't make sense. They rubbed their temples in frustration. They growled and shook their head rapidly as they tried to think.

At this point, they had already lost all hope in surviving, so what did they have to loose? But, they didn't just want to give up on their friends, in case they had a chance of surviving.

After a while, they nodded their head and began to run back to Gyuhwan Han's location. They knew where he was, as they could sense his location.

"Guys... I don't think (Y/N) is coming back--" "I'M BACK!!!" Shinyeong was interrupted by (Y/N) as they appeared in the cave, which startled Gyuhwan and Shinyeong, and it also woke up Jayden who jumped in surprise.