[CHAPTER 13.5]

A guard was wandering throughout the facility, checking each and every cell. He peered inside of a cell's barred window, but the lights were destroyed. The only thing that could be heard was a distant laughter, however this laughter sounded like it was coming from one of the previous guards.

The current guard sighed in realization and pulled out a radio and spoke into it, "Permission to kill Eight?"

"... Proceed."

The guard pulled out a handgun from his belt and leaned against the door as quietly as possible. After a few seconds he kicked the door down and began to check around the cell with his flashlight. The restraints to hold the variant down were completely destroyed, and blood could be seen scattered across the floor.

The guard gulped before putting his flashlight away and relying on the small, flickering light from his handgun. He searched around the area for a while before seeing a huge hole in the wall. "Shit..." He sighed.

He ran through the hole and ended up into another cell, it didn't take him long to notice a variant in a fight with another one. The variants were fierce, fighting like wild beasts.

The guard ran and hid in a corner of the room, until he watched EIGHT kill the other variant. He quickly ran out of his hiding spot whilst randomly firing his handgun. He hit the variant in the chest a couple of times.

However, before the venom could completely take affect, the monster stabbed the guard in the abdomen with it's tentacle. It then slashed upwards causing the guard to bleed rapidly and fall to the floor in two separate pieces. A couple of seconds later the variant began to bubble and then it exploded.

A couple more guards ran into the room to see the sight. "FREEZ-- Oh god...!"

A couple days after the incident, the variant's restraints have been more harsh, causing constant pain. Not even letting them wiggle a finger. A guard would always be on standby if the variant, or in their case, test subject, began to act suspicious or attempted to attack anyone.