[CHAPTER 13]

Gyuhwan quickly turned around in surprise and looked at his phone,  he grabbed it and looked at it. "I have... reception...?"

"Wait what?!" (Y/N) stood up and quickly ran over to Gyuhwan and leaned over his shoulder. "...How?"

"I don't know, but I'm gonna call the police." Gyuhwan replied and began calling 911 on his phone. after a few seconds, they picked up.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"H-Hello?! Please help!" Gyuhwan screamed into his phone. "I'm at... wait where is this?" He turned to (Y/N) who shook their head. "I'm not sure about my exact location! But I'm a student of Yeongchan High School and we're at a retreat grounds! And these monsters suddenly appeared and they're killing everyone! The monsters look like camp counsellors!"

"... The counsellors are monsters?"

"Well, no... they were just disguised as counsellors. And they kill people with tentacles that come out of their bodies!" Gyuhwan replied hastily. "The monsters... they're attacking us! You have to help us! Please send someone quickly!"

"Are you alone right now? Are their any teachers nearby? Could I speak to them if there are?"

"I'm... It's just me and one of my friends..."

"You mean you're at a school retreat and there are no teachers around? And where might they be."

"Gyuhwan, pass me the phone." (Y/N) sighed, holding their hand out. Gyuhwan hesitantly gave them the phone.

"Like my friend said before. The tentacle monsters are killing people, it all started in a gymnasium where they killed the majority of the students and teachers. We're all split up because of that."

"Okay, so... monsters appeared at the retreat grounds, and they're trying to kill all of the students and teachers, right? Got it. We'll send someone as soon as possible."

"H-How long do you think it would take?" Gyuhwan asked as he leaned over (Y/N)'s shoulder.

"There's a storm coming your way. It may take a while especially because it's deep in the woods. Please find a safe place to hide until then."

"Alright. Thank you." (Y/N) stated as they hung up and passed the phone back to Gyuhwan.

Gyuhwan narrowed his eyes at his phone for a second before calling his friend, CrewCrew.

"Come on, Crew... please pick up."

"Really? A video call at this hour? I thought you were at the retreat grounds. How did-- Hey, why is the connection so bad? Where are you? Oh, is it because you're in the woods?"

"Crew, you know I'm not one to joke around, right? You have to take my seriously, okay?"

"Hey, I'm always serious. What is it?"

"Monsters have appeared at the retreat and they're attacking us. They look like humans, but attack people with tentacles coming out of their bodies. This isn't some dumb joke. You have to help us."

Crew looked at Gyuhwan with a very worried expression. "Aren't you too young to be drinking?"

"I'm serious!!!"

Gyuhwan quickly ran over to his backpack and shotgun, covering the phone before getting there. "Here, look! Military gear and a shotgun! I've barely survived thanks to these things! My phone had no connection before. But now it does, so I called you."

"Let me just ask you two things." Crew (Hyuk) asked, sounding more serious.

"Go ahead." Gyuhwan replied.