[CHAPTER 10]

"(Y/N)..."

"(Y/N)."

"(Y/N)!!"

(Y/N) looked around the space of darkness, until their eyes locked onto a completely white figure standing in the distance.

"You're awake."

"W-Who are you?" (Y/N) asked. The figure laughed and tilted it's head.

"You, of all people, should already know the answer to that." It said as it walked closer. (Y/N) gasped as they looked into the figures eyes, seeing nothing but a red swirling void.

"I am you." It confirmed. (Y/N) staggered back in shock. "I'm glad I can finally communicate to you."

"Huh...?" (Y/N) muttered in surprise.

"Why are you confused?" It asked. "You should have already known about me, considering the amount of people WE have killed."

"What--"

"WE also killed one of our own species." It stated. "WE reduced our already ever so small population once again."

"Huh--"

"Don't act so confused. WE are the reason our species' population is so small. Did you feel anything when you slaughtered them all for power?"

"No... but--"

"That's all I needed to know." It turned around and began walking away. "You selfish bastard."

"I don't understand." (Y/N) muttered to themselves. "Why can't I--"

"Why can't you... what?" The figure asked as it stopped in it's tracks and turned around.

"I don't remember EVER killing anything." (Y/N) looked down at their hands. "All I remember is..."

(Y/N) became unresponsive and without expression. The figure attempted to 'wake' (Y/N) but nothing happened, so they waited with their arms crossed.

"Pain." (Y/N) said after a couple of minutes. "Torture."

"Frustration."

"See. This is why I like to converse with people like you." The figure walked up to (Y/N) and wrapped an arm around their shoulder as they both walked further into the void.

"Now. I can tell you something about me." The figure smiled. "Like I said. I am you. But I used to be someone else."

"What?"

"If you can remember... I was going to kill you." (Y/N) flinched back.

"BUT! Something happened. As I made contact with your bloodied body, a cocoon encased us both inside. We merged together, and I laid dormant in your soul."

"But why can't I remember--"

"You are your human half. I am your other half. In here, we are not complete." The figure explained. "I can remember everything I have done in the past, before we merged, but I cannot remember everything we have done after that."

"Then how are you talking to me?"

"I am talking to your soul." The half laughed.

"W-WAIT! How did you know that WE reduced the population?"

"I simply didn't." The figure sighed. "That was just to get you to talk. Which it did."

"Ah... I can still remember trying to kill you." The figure leaned back. "You were only a child, about 2 or 3. Now look at you!"