[CHAPTER 16]

Before Shinyeong could strike the arrow into Zero's hand, Gyuhwan grabbed her hand, which made her turn her head to him.

"He's just a kid." Gyuhwan stated. "Not only that... he saved my life."

It was silent for a few seconds, before Shinyeong asked, "And how did he do that?"

"What?" Gyuhwan responded.

"I asked you... how he saved you from that monster." Shinyeong asked. "From what I saw, (Y/- that monster was doing most of the work. So be honest."

"He has healing powers." Gyuhwan explained after a few seconds of hesitation.

"Healing powers?" Shinyeong replied stunted by Gyuhwan's sudden claim.

"It's kind of hard to explain. He can heal fatal wounds. One of those monsters put a hole in my chest, and Zero healed me." Gyuhwan explained. "I should've died. The tentacle went clean through my chest." Gyuhwan showed Shinyeong the hole in his shirt, showing, that instead of a stab wound, it was perfectly fine.

"Woah! So he's a healer?!" Jongpil asked in interest.

"I think he has telekinetic powers too. He blocked a boulder that the monster threw at me, then threw him without touching him." Gyuhwan explained without making eye contact with Jongpil.

"That's so awesome!" Jongpil beamed with stars in his eyes. However, this earned a glare from Shinyeong.

Shinyeong turned back to Zero, "Well... it sounds like his powers would definitely be useful to us."

"R-Right?!" Gyuhwan replied hastily.

"If he's on our side." Shinyeong sighed. Gyuhwan grew more worried as he remembered what Zero had said to him earlier. "The recording was very clear about how dangerous Zero is. There must be something more. Something dangerous."

The rocks in front of her began to faintly glow and clatter, however, Shinyeong didn't realize, nobody did. "We can't let him live, Gyuhwan."

When Shinyeong finally realized, it was too late, as every boulder  in the vicinity shot up into the air, all of them coated in a glowing aura. Zero could be seen rising from the middle of the rising debris, his face was covered in blood.

After a few seconds, the boulder's lost their glow and paused mid-air, before crashing down behind Zero, as if they were in a cartoon. Jongpil, Jayden, Shinyeong and Gyuhwan were all standing in fear.

Zero raised his hand towards Shinyeong with a glare, but Gyuhwan quickly stood in the way, waving his arms around.

"W-Wait! Zero! She's my friend! Please don't hurt her!" Gyuhwan yelled after springing into action. The piercing red glow in Zero's eyes slightly faded. "She just doesn't understand! It's a misunderstanding! She's a good person! I promise! Please put your hand down, Zero..."

However, Shinyeong ducked underneath Gyuhwan's arms and aimed her bow directly at Zero. "The fact that you're this worried... is enough proof of how dangerous that monster is."

"