Chapter One: You Stupid Bionic Staring Machine!

A/N: This is a second story I'm writing

A/N: This is a second story I'm writing. Hopefully it's good. I've learned a bit from my previous one on how to write better I hope lol. It's an alternate universe. Not sure where the timeline is or where its gonna go. This is also going to include a darker Bucky. A Bucky battling his inner demons. He's going to be aggressive, rude, and hostile. They're both dealing with heavy trauma and unique sets of baggage. It's gonna be a rollercoaster of emotions and situations. So if that's not your thing then I wouldn't suggest this story. Don't be a ghost reader! Let me know what you think!

_______________________________________

August

I looked down at my hands and picked at my cuticles. I knew I was overqualified for this job but still ... I was nervous.

"Impressive resume. Military at 18 ... the CIA?" Stark asked, going down the list of jobs I've previously had.

"Yes, sir," I responded.

"Very nice. Now, why would a bright woman like you ditch the CIA for a nanny job you're obviously overqualified for?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I wasn't happy there anymore," I shrugged.

I had grown tired of the same routine day after day. I wanted something new. A new environment. To get out of D.C. and do something I hadn't done before.

"Is anyone who works for them happy?"

I chuckled. Flashes of the miserable agents who I'd left behind passed through my mind. They were stuck in there. Their cold, somber faces forever etched into my head. For a while, I thought I was going to be stuck there too.

"Guess not. I wanted a change I suppose."

"Very well, Miss Lovett," he leaned in, "Are you good with children?"

"I am."

Tony looked back at his files on me. Someone like Tony Stark would've done an extensive background check on me and who I was. It was expected.

"No siblings. Tossed from foster home to foster home. Parents ... dead," he flipped the paper over. "Uniform Police Training ... Criminal Investigator Training Program ... extensive hand to hand combat training ... krav maga ... Brazilian jiu jitsu ... improvised weapons training ... very impressive Miss Lovett."

I cringed internally at the mention of my dead parents. Thoughts and memories I wanted to bury. I knew working for him would bring back those dreadful memories. Especially with a particular resident of the tower but I was willing to risk it for a chance of a fresh start.

"Thank you, Mr. Stark."

His eyes narrowed at a certain spot in the file, and I freeze.

"You were a drug addict?"