Chapter Six: So ... I'm in your head huh?

The Next Day:

The Next Day:

I had stayed in my room for the rest of the day, avoiding both Barnes and Steve. I really wasn't in the mood for the questions that would get thrown at me but I knew I had to face them eventually.

I got ready, wearing a floral top that showed a bit of my stomach and I combined it with some 90s high rise, loose fit jeans that hid my scar and a pair of white sneakers. I made my way to the floor's shared kitchen for some coffee, trying to avoid having to go the common room.

Standing in the middle of the kitchen was Nat holding a cup of coffee.

"Hey Mel, want some coffee?" she offered.

"I would never decline a cup of coffee," I chuckled.

She grabbed a cup and poured some coffee in it. Then she handed it to me. The cup warmed my hands. I was usually always cold, no matter what the temperature was.

"So ... what's everyone up to today?" I asked.

"Just meetings ... paperwork ... Steve's pissed at Bucky you know," she mentioned.

I scrunched up my face at the sound of his name. I really didn't have the energy to talk about him.

"So ... you know what happened?"

"Everyone knows what happened."

I groaned. I hated people knowing my business. Especially when it made me look weak.

"It's okay. We're siding with you."

The last thing I needed was people taking sides and deciding who was right and who was wrong. Sure, it was clear that Barnes was a total jackass, but I wanted out of this.

"I - you guys don't need to side with me."

"We know but he's being a class A jerk for no reason ... well ... that's not entirely true," she smirked.

I narrowed my gaze. Nat simply couldn't let go of the fact that she thought Barnes had a thing for me. I really wanted to reject that idea and throw it down into the depths of the ocean.

"What Nat, spit it out."

"He ... He's not good at showing or handling his feelings. In my opinion, I think he really likes you ... romantically. He just doesn't know how to show how he feels. Give him a chance, maybe you'll end up liking him back," she shrugged.

"Not happening," I crossed my arms. No way does Barnes have feelings for me ... he just likes making my life miserable.

"Why?"

"I don't fall in love."

She snorted, like it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever told her.

"What do you mean?"