Chapter Twelve: Oh - Oh My God! You Want To Be My Friend!

A/N: So the story is moving along! We get so see Bucky and Mel become

A/N: So the story is moving along! We get so see Bucky and Mel become ... friendlier? As friendly as they can be right now I suppose 😂 Enjoy and comment!

_______________________________________

The Next Morning:

"I want to go shopping for some clothes," I muttered out in front of Nat and Yelena.

I had dropped off Morgan at her school and I had a couple free hours before I had to pick her up again.

They both looked up, curiously. Nat was on her laptop, typing up a report. Yelena was helping.

"You want us to go with you?"

I shook my head.

"No, it's okay. You guys are busy. Besides, I kind of like shopping alone," I shrugged.

As alone as one can shop with a bodyguard breathing down your neck every waking moment. I was actually surprised Barnes wasn't at my side now. He usually was. Now, nothing. It was kind of refreshing.

Nat smiled looking down at some files that were placed next to her.

"You're taking Bucky, aren't you?"

I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name. It was always 'Bucky this' and 'Bucky that'. I was getting tired of hearing his damn name all the time.

"Kinda don't have a choice."

"But I thought -" Yelena started.

Nat elbowed her side, and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"You thought what?"

"Nothing," Yelena grumbled.

I looked over at Nat, giving her a suspicious look.

"She thought you were going to go alone. That's all. But going alone for you technically includes him."

I narrowed my eyes. She was lying.

"Mhm. Sure."

I opened my phone and clicked on Barnes' name to message him. The only reason I had his number was for bodyguard purposes but I never actually had used it until now.

To: Bionic Staring Machine
I want to go shopping.

From: Bionic Staring Machine
And I care why?

To: Bionic Staring Machine
Your job?

From: Bionic Staring Machine
Be in the common room in five.

I put my phone back into my back pocket and looked up to see Sam walking in with a weird look on his face.

"What's wrong?"