Epilogue: I've Never Been A Good Girl, Bucky

A Year Later

A Year Later

Fourth Of July:

I dipped my toes into the sand, squeezing my toes together to feel the sand in between them. I stared out into in front of me. Steve and Bucky were playing with Morgan in the sand fighting over who would have the best sand castle.

"Once iced coffee for my lady," Sam crouched down.

He handed me the large Starbucks cup.

"I love you," I cooed.

"I know," he smirked.

I looked up at him and frowned. "Do you mind? I'm having a private conversation with my coffee."

He rolled his eyes and smacked my arm as he took the seat next to me.

"So, how does it feel?" he glanced down at the hand that was wrapped around the coffee cup.

I follow his gaze to look at the ring on my finger.

Bucky had asked me to marry him a week ago. It was simple. We were in the theater room and he had made me a dirty martini with extra olives. I had been wondering the entire day why he looked constipated.

||

Flashback

We sat in the middle of the theater room, as Bucky handed me my favorite dirty martini drink with extra olives.

I sipped on the glass, as I watched him leave my side. I didn't know what he was up to and we had just finished watching How Harry Met Sally. We spent the entirety of it laughing and simply enjoying each other's company.

The light shut off and I was left in the dark with the unbalanced drink in my hand.

"What the hell? Bucky?!"

No response.

"Bucky what the hell?!"

Silence. I walked around for a second, trying to feel around for him but I just bump into seats.

Then it clicked. The day we had decided to start this. The theater room, the lights, the cash and cards.

I giggled, understanding what he was doing.

"Mr. Barnes ..." I tried to say threateningly.

I heard the same shuffle as the first time. Then his voice.

"What did I say about calling me that little olive?"

I shuddered in excitement at his nickname for me. "Barnes we don't have time for this," I reiterated the same line.

The light came back up and I squinted at the light difference. "Ow, my corneas."

I adjusted to it and looked to see him in the same position he was in the first time we did this.