Chapter Nine: Other Than The Six Foot Shadow I Constantly Have With Me Now?

A/N: Okay guys! We start to see the character evolve more

A/N: Okay guys! We start to see the character evolve more. Their relationships are changing more. Hope you all like it! Let me know what you think! I love seeing comments on here. Don't be a ghost!

P.S. Happy Halloween to those who celebrate! 🎃👻

_______________________________________

A Few Days Later:

He wouldn't let me breathe. The man was suffocating me. Wherever I went, he was there. Always outside my door. He would follow me all around the tower. Always behind me like a fucking shadow. I was going to end up strangling him with his own metal arm.

Right now, he was sitting on my bed waiting for me to get ready.

"Mr. Barnes, you can wait outside. I'm almost done," I grumbled.

He rolled his eyes.

"I did wait outside and you're taking too long so now I'm in here to speed the process up. Morgan has school and you're going to be late."

I put down my hairbrush aggressively.

"We are not going to be late. There's time. You're just impatient. Leave."

"No," he defied me.

I groaned, grabbing my purse.

"Let's just go before you make a hole in my floor with all your goddamn foot tapping."

A small smirk appeared on his lips. I wanted to punch it off.

_______________________________________

In The Car To School:

"Okay baby, you got your lunch, right?" I asked her.

Barnes had offered to drive. He said he didn't trust other people driving when he was in a car, so I finally caved after ten minutes of bickering, making us even more tardy.

"Yes Ella," she smiled.

I pinched her little cheek lightly. The car stopped signaling that we were at our destination.

"Good. Now you have a good day. Be good and don't talk to any strangers, okay?"

"Yes Ella," she beamed.

She stood up and leaned forward to hug Barnes. He hugged her back and smiled. I wished he was nice like that to everyone else.

"Bye Bucky!" She giggled.

"Bye Little Mo," he replied.

The school security walked to the car and escorted her into the school. I closed the door, and it was just me and Barnes again.

"Where to?" he asked.

I made eye contact with him through the rear-view mirror.

"The tower."