Chapter Fourteen: For Fuck Sakes, My Corneas

A/N: Okay guys this is where things get interesting

A/N: Okay guys this is where things get interesting. Things are speeding up! Enjoy and comment!

_______________________________________

October

"Okay baby, which shirt do you want to wear for school today?" I asked Morgan as she glanced at the various laid out shirts that were on her bed.

Her little feet bounced as she tried to decide what she wanted to wear to school today.

"Hmm. The one with the pumpkins!" she squealed.

I chuckled, grabbing the white long-sleeved shirt. There were a bunch of pumpkins on the front for the fall season that was upon us.

The days were colder. Everything was browner and orange. It was my favorite time of the year. Sweater weather. The city looked especially beautiful right now with all the leaves changing colors.

"Alright, put it on," I handed her the shirt.

She grabbed it with her little hands, and she maneuvered the shirt over her head. Next, she put on some jean pants she had previously chosen with some cute little orange sneakers.

I really loved my time with her. Aside from being her nanny, I genuinely enjoyed being around her. She was so bright and charismatic like her father, minus the ego. I wanted kids but after everything, all the abuse, I didn't even know if it was possible anymore. The doctors had said so.

"Okay little one, you ready to go?" I asked her.

She nodded her head furiously, quickly grabbing her backpack that was sitting on the chair by her bedroom door.

"Ella, is Bucky coming with us today?"

I looked down at her as she looked up at me with those big brown eyes.

"I don't know baby; do you want to ask him?"

After the party a couple days ago, we'd been civil and polite. He had been trying to be nicer and more involved in my life. I appreciated it but it also made me nervous. I wasn't sure if it was just to keep the 'fake dating' façade or if he really wanted to be a friend. I secretly hoped for the latter.

"Yes!"

I smiled at her.

"Okay, let me send him a message and if he wants to join us then we can meet him in the garage, okay?"

She nodded and played with the straps of her backpack as I pulled out my phone from my back pocket.

To: Bionic Staring Machine
Morgan is asking if you would like to join us on the ride to school. You in?

The three typing dots came up rather quickly.

From: Bionic Staring Machine
Garage?

I snorted quietly to myself. A man of many words.