Chapter Fifteen: Is This Your Way Of Charming Me Into Your Bed Bucky?

A/N: We finally have Bucky and Mel acting cute with each other!

___________________________________

The Museum of Modern Art:

I stepped out of the company car and came face to face with a tall building. Granted, most buildings in the city were tall but this one especially seemed so beautifully special. I couldn't see the name of the place, but Barnes had hinted at an art place previously.

"So ... where are we?"

He grabbed my hand and walked us around the building to the actual entrance. In big, black letters was the sign: The Museum of Modern Art.

My mouth parted slightly at the building we were next to.

"NO WAY! I've always wanted to come here!" I squealed happily.

I could hear Barnes laughing behind me softly, but it was drowned out by my own happy noises.

"Good choice?"

I looked at him and smiled so widely, I thought my face would crack.

"James Barnes, I could kiss you right now," I joked, looking back at the building.

He stayed still next to me. I turned to face him, taking in his awkward stance. Maybe telling him I would kiss him was too much for him. It was a joke, but he might have taken it seriously.

I was about to apologize for my blunt comment when he pulled me into his side, his metal arm wrapped around my waist protectively.

His face came close to mine, and I darted back from him.

"What are you doing?" I breathed out nervously.

"Just ... hold still."

He closed his eyes and drew forwards to me. His lips seemed to pucker up and I panicked.

There must still be paparazzi around ...

In a mere second, I reacted to what was happening. So, I slowly brought my hand to cup him face, which slightly startled him.

I leaned in, kissing him softly. It was the first time we had kissed where it wasn't about power or aggression or some way of him to apologize. Was it something pretty for the camera? Yeah.

But it was also ours. Our secret. An agreement that no one else knew.

Because while the kiss said publicity stunt to the rest of the team, to us, it meant something else. The start of whatever the hell we were starting. A risk we were both willing to take for each other.

In the deepest, darkest corners of my mind, I knew it probably wouldn't work out. We could fizzle out just as fast as this began, Tony could find out, Barnes and I could fight (and we would), or maybe it was just that. A physical attraction that would lead to nothing.