22

It had been 6 years since he was diagnosed. Every day was just the same. Some days were worse than others and some he was able to move around like normal. His speech had been saved to the best of jaemins ability. Now restricted to simple sentences. No shouting. Not much laughing anymore. Everyone moved as normal though. People lived their lives. They figured he didn't need genetic therapy anymore. They couldnt do much more.
He had drugs prescribed. Too many for me to name.
Antipsychotics
Antidepressants
Things to help with his tremors.
His speech had slurred as well as his movements becoming slowed. He has been seeing wooyoung for the past few months. Things had finally started to hit ten. Looking at him, He was healthy. He had gained the weight he lost. He had the subtle glow to his skin he always had before.
We had made memories building up to this point. He goes into the garden plenty. My mother's garden was healthier. The roses had bloomed as well. Spring had seemed to come early here. Ten had planted many new flowers in the garden in some empty patches.
He enjoys my mother's swing alot. I remember when she would push me on it, telling me to hold on tight. One day I fell off it and caught my knee. It was the first day I cried in that garden. It had always been so happy and full of life. Then my mother passed. I thought I  could look after it but I didn't. Dad locked it away from me, only being able to see the flowers wilt from my bedroom windows.
It's tens 26th birthday tomorrow. I'm going to give him the keys to the garden. I'm going to ask him to marry me. I know. Alot of the boys advised me not to. Saying it will just hurt me more.
I don't care.
I had put it off for a long time. It was something I needed to do. I had to be selfish one last time.