27

No one dare go to sleep. Some were taking it in turns to cry and say their goodbyes just in case.
But he's not going to say goodbye.
He's going to live through it all
And he's going to recover.
And we are going to adopt a child.
Then we will grow old together.
And eventually. We all die in the end.

It was 2.47 am and I was sat in the chair at my side of the bed.
Minghao and kun were only outside. Still awake. With everyone else.
The ekg machine buzzed. The numbers flashing and the line going flat.
Minghao came into the room with kun following. They pulled the blankets off him picking up the defibrillator. Leaving 1 shock to the hear. 2....3.
After a handful of failed attempts kun stopped.

Taeyong walked round the bed having his own attempts desperate for the stupid machine to hum steadily again.
After more attempts with no result, Taeyong flung the device to the side. He barely reacted when it crashed into the wall, instead turning his attention to other forms of resuscitation.

He breathed into his mouth and pumped his hands against his chest, desperate to make the machine produce any other sound.

He only faintly registered the sensation of wetness as they fell onto his hands, the repetitive motion making his tears rain down like a storm. He wasn’t sure how long he kept this cycle up, but it was only when his arms were screaming and his legs began to give out that he finally stopped to look at his face.He knew that there would be nothing but the stillness of death gracing tens features, but a part of him still hoped to see a ghost of a smile or a sparkle in his eye.

When neither came, taeyong turned his attention to the still-screaming machine to his right. Blinking back tears, he switched it off and looked at the clock on the beside table. It read 2:47, the glowing white iridescence of the numbers burning forever into his memory. With one final look at her face, taeyong turned towards his desk writing it down on a piece of paper

Time of death: 2.47 am