Chapter 24

You and your group have made it to Good Hunter. You noticed Kaeya near the shop and waved at him in greeting. Kaeya returned your wave with a grin meanwhile Aether ignored the bluenette.

"Oh? Why so cold? I've always thought that we enjoy quite the intimate friendship." Kaeya stated towards Aether.

Aether shuddered as he subconsciously rubbed his hand in disgust.

"Yeah, sorry. I didn't see you there.." Aether muttered out.

"It seems that your great battle not only sharpened your combat skills but your wit as well. Truly an Honorary Knight and a lovely demon after my own heart." Kaeya exclaimed with a small laugh while placing a hand on his chest.

"Oh my! Darling, if I were after your heart, I would have already ate it! Hahaha!" you replied with a large grin.

"Oh? Then I'll just have to go after your heart then, my sweet demon." Kaeya said, giving you a flirty grin.

"Sweet talking, sugar-coated Captain Kaeya.." Paimon muttered out.

"Nonsense! I speak from the heart. But if it's our lovely (Y/N) we're talking about, I'll gladly be sweet to her." Kaeya exclaimed.

"That sounds lovely but I'm afraid I'm not a fan of sweets, darling." you replied, looking down at your claws.

Aether let out a snort of laughter when he noticed Kaeya's state of rejection. The bluenette heard the blonde's laugh as he turned his attention towards him and gave him a glare.

"Sorry to cut this reunion short, but I do believe I spy Amber heading this way.. I think she's still angry at me for my absence from the defense effort during the attack. I'd better slip away before she notices me. Farewell for now, Honorary Knight. I'll see you later, my sweet demon." Kaeya bid his farewells and left just in time when Amber went near your group.

----------

You leaned back at the walls outside of the cathedral. Amber informed you about Jean waiting inside the cathedral to talk about the Holy Lyre.

You summoned your staff and cradled it as you crossed your arms to your chest. Your microphone began to play a low jazz music and you hummed in satisfaction.

You gave a large cheshire grin to the nuns that looked your way as they walk past your figure. You chuckled as you watched them flinch and keep a distance away from you.

You craned your neck upwards and looked at the bright blue sky. Other than the sky being red with a large pentagram while the screams of sinners and monsters roam around the city as they fight, this world has a somewhat peaceful view.

Too peaceful for your liking...

'Since Aether's sibling isn't here, Paimon said that we'll be travelling to another nation. I hope it brings some good entertainment, I'm beginning to get bored of killing hordes of hilichurls and slimes.. they can't even shed an ounce of blood.' you thought as you sighed in disappointment.

'At least the people here provides a good show every now and then. The coffee Diluc makes is also satisfying. Maybe I should give him a visit.' you thought as your ears perked up at the sound of someone screaming inside the cathedral. You didn't understand what someone was screaming about but you can make out the words about 'the Holy Lyre being broken'.

"My, that sounds interesting. I wonder what's going on in there.." you muttered with a small laugh.

You felt a strange presence nearby as you looked around your surroundings with narrowed eyes. 'Something doesn't feel quite right..' you thought as you walked away from your spot and continued to look around.

You heard the doors to the cathedral open and saw Venti running out with Aether and Paimon behind him.

You watched two figures appear behind the bard and prepared to attack, noticing their garments looking similar to a fatui agent.

Aether blasted away the fatui guards with anemo and shielded Venti. You were about to take away the fatui guards when a cold blast of wind blew towards your group, freezing your legs to immobilize you.

One of the fatui guards held you by the arms while the other held Aether. You noticed Paimon laying a few feet away, the ice covering her and making her look like a large ice cube.

"At last, Mondstadt's rodent ruler in the flesh. Scurrying through the streets, looking for leftovers.."

You heard a voice exclaim as you looked up to see a woman with blonde hair and strange clothing. 'Is she a flapper maybe..? Such revealing clothes..' you thought as you watched the interaction in front of you.

You weren't going to lie, the scene before you is amusing. The strange woman slapping Venti while he continues to diss her with his rhymes.

While no one was looking, you casted a small flame beneath your feet and slowly melt away the ice on your legs. You watched as the woman strike Venti in the guts, pulling out a small glowing object while the bard collapses to the ground.

"So.. this is a gnosis? Wouldn't be caught dead wearing this ugly thing in public." the woman exclaimed as she kicked Venti a few feet away.

"Venti!" Aether called out in worry as he tried to pull away from the fatui guard.

You noticed your shadow slowly forming itself as you gave it a look, telling it to wait. The woman looked at you and Aether before hiding away the item she obtained.

"Well, we have what we came here for. Come. Before our dear Favonian friends arrive. Leave nothing for them to find." the woman ordered as she began to walk away with her minions behind her.

You looked to your left to see Aether get hit on the head, knocking him unconscious. You felt the guard holding you about to do the same as your shadow quickly formed itself and grabbed him.

You got out of the guard's grasp and summoned a flame in your hand as you threw it towards the retreating woman. The woman staggered forward as your flame hit her on her back.

"(Y/N).." Aether mumbled out as he reached out his hand towards you, his vision slowly beginning to fade.

"It's quite impolite to just leave without stating your name, dear." you stated with a grin, the static in your voice being heard by the woman.

Your eyes widened in shock at the sudden cold feeling in your stomach. You kept your grin as blood started to come out of your mouth, dripping down your chin. You looked down and saw a large chunk of ice embedded in your stomach.

"It's La Signora. Try to keep it with you as you slowly die, filthy demon." the woman, now known as La Signora, exclaimed as she and her companions left.

You let out a shaky breath and fell to your knees as you felt yourself being lifted up by your shadow. You heard footsteps coming from the cathedral while trying to steady yourself. Your blood dripping down on the ground as you snapped your fingers and teleported somewhere far away from the cathedral.

You have no clue where you teleported yourself as you leaned your back on the building behind you and slowly slid down. You placed your hands on the ice pierced into your stomach and tried to pull it out of you.

"Crap. I may have angered her." you muttered while letting out a small chuckle but slightly regretted it as you felt a wave of pain course through your body.

Your shadow looked at you in worry. Blood pooling underneath your body as you struggled to stay conscious. You noticed the look your shadow was giving as you gave it a reassuring smile.

Both you and your shadow heard footsteps nearing as you slowly glanced to the side to see a familiar bluenette.

"Oh crap.. (Y/N)!" Kaeya yelled out in worry as he ran towards you.

"Hello dear. I'm just resting.." you muttered out with a strained grin as you felt yourself losing consciousness.

"Hang on, (Y/N). Please stay awake! You're badly injured.. who did this?" Kaeya exclaimed as he slowly picked you up and ran towards a different direction.

"This is.. merely.. a flesh wound." you replied with a small laugh as you passed out from blood loss.

"(Y/N)!"