Chapter 43

"I'm more than happy to help. You'll be my little assistant, honey. Better make sure that I'm the only person on your mind while hanging around with me." Ying'er exclaimed as she circled you like a predator to its prey.

"That would be very difficult for me! I have a lot of things going through my mind that replacing them all with just you would be impossible!" you replied with a laugh.

"Oh? Then I'll just have to make sure that I'm the only lovely person in your mind during our time together. I'm sure you'll enjoy it." Ying'er stated, placing her index finger under your chin as she lifted it up until you looked at her.

'Goodness gracious not another Angel Dust..' you thought to yourself with a strained smile as you tried to imagine yourself torturing this woman in front of you to ease your mind.

"I'll be assisting as well, if you won't mind." Aether announced, noticing your uncomfortable figure as he gently pulled you away from Ying'er's grasp.

Ying'er smirked to herself when she saw Aether hold your hand in his while giving her a stern stare.

"Well, alright then. Let's go to Wanmin Restaurant so we can start making perfume." Ying'er said as she walked closer to you and leaned into your ear.

"Follow me, darling. Don't lose sight of me, alright?" Ying'er whispered, her breath tickling your ear as you stiffened in your spot. Your ears flattened against your head as you narrowed your eyes at the woman, definitely not liking the way she's acting towards you.

"We'll follow you, dear. Just make sure that you're leading us to Wanmin Restaurant." you replied, moving away from Ying'er as she smiled at you. You hid behind Aether, using him as your shield whenever Ying'er tried to look at you and touch your ears.

"Don't touch my ears please. They're sensitive and off-limits. Doesn't matter if you're a mortal, archon, or even an adeptus. Hands off." you told Ying'er, giving her a small grin while moving your head away from her hands.

"She's very touchy and her words are somewhat sensual... oh dear, it almost reminds me of Angel Dust but that spider is much worse.." you muttered under your breath with a small sigh, Aether glancing at you with a confused look.

"Angel Dust? Are they a demon like you as well?" Aether asked as the two of you followed Ying'er and Paimon up ahead.

"Everyone in hell are demons in general, my dear. We just have different classes and ranks. Angel Dust is... well, you could possibly be a primary target for him since you're a male. He works as a performer in an adult entertainment studios! And I am not talking about it!" you answered, shuddering when you remembered the first time you met the kinky spider.

"Is he that bad?" Aether asked, tilting his head at you.

"He's a lost cause. I'm just glad he didn't end up here!" you exclaimed with a large grin, stopping in your tracks when you and Aether found yourselves at Wanmin Restaurant. You followed behind Aether as the both of you entered the restaurant.

"There you two are. Did you both enjoy your walk together?" Ying'er asked with a teasing smile as she glanced at you and Aether.

"Very much so! I actually enjoyed Aether's presence much more than others!" you happily replied, ignoring Ying'er when she sent a smirk in your way.

"I see. Well, I've had a word with Chef Mao. We can start working now." Ying'er exclaimed as she leaned towards you. Your grin strained as you watched her next move, blinking in surprise when she booped your nose.

"Are you ready to please me?" Ying'er asked you.

You let out a record scratching sound as you stared at Ying'er with a grin.

"I don't like where this is going! I'm out of here!" you announced as you quickly turned and started to head for the exit when Ying'er hooked her arm around yours and pulled you back.

"I meant as in make me proud. As my assistant. Obviously." Ying'er stated, giggling to herself.

You stiffened when Ying'er traced her fingers across your arm and towards your shoulder. Quickly pulling your arm away from the woman, you hid behind Aether as you narrowed your eyes at Ying'er.

'If I could freely use my abilities, I would have summoned a bottle of perfume out of thin air and be done with this. But no, the Geo Archon decided to curse me and got himself killed..' you thought to yourself as you quietly hissed at Ying'er when she tried to get close to you.

----------

"I don't ever want to see that woman again." you muttered aloud with a small grin as you and your companions went to find Zhongli.

"She was.. very touchy with you back there. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help, she kept pushing me away when I tried to intervene." Aether exclaimed, giving you an apologetic look.

"Sheesh.. seems like she's either making Aether jealous by touching (Y/N) or she wants (Y/N) all to herself.." Paimon commented as she held her chin in her fingers, deep in thought.

You felt a shiver run down your spine as your body stiffened at the thought of being touched by Ying'er. Aether let out a fake cough and lightly glared at Paimon from her sudden statement.

"Now's not the time, Paimon." Aether exclaimed, making Paimon rub the back of her head in embarrassment.

"Sorry about that! Paimon didn't mean to make things worse.. hehe.." Paimon stated as she floated beside you and hugged your arm, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"It's fine, darling. Let's not talk about this from now on. I'd rather go to second hell than be touched by Ying'er again.." you replied, patting Paimon's head.

"There's a second hell?" Aether asked, both him and Paimon tilting their heads to the side in confusion.

"I'm not so sure myself if it even exists, dears. I'm just exaggerating anyway! Come now, let us hurry and find Zhongli. I plan to explore and find out more things about this nation!" you announced, dragging your companions as you speed walked to where Zhongli told you he would be.