Spring

To:  Ahnyonce
Hi bestfriend!  How are you?  When will you come here?

To: Ahnyonce
Yah! Hyejin-ah! I said to care of yourself. What did you do?!

To: Ahnyonce
It's not your fault what was happened. But  I just wanna say....

To: Ahnyonce
I'm still waiting for you! Stupid! You're making me sad.....

To: Ahnyonce
Sorry .. I'm not there to help you

To: Ahnyonce
Even if I'm mad at you for not keeping your promise not to leave, I already forgive you

To: Ahnyonce
Just comeback... Comeback home Hyejin-ah

To: Ahnyonce
I missed you... Really..... I reaaaaally reaaaaally missed you

To: Ahnyonce
Yah! You stupid bratt! Come home.. please?

Every single day Whenever I awoke, during my lunch break, during dinner, and even before going to bed. I'm messaging her.

I'm well aware that Hyejin will not respond to any messages I sent.

But it wasn't a bad idea to have a little hope that she'd respond someday, right? Or unexpectedly appearing in front of my house to tell me how much she missed me.

Thats all I can hope for

But... That's impossible

"You missed her?" Yongsun unnie inquired. I smile at her. But I know she can sense how badly I wanted to cry. But no matter how much I cry, she'll never return.

I nodded. I took a yellow ribbon and tied it to the tree along with other ribbons that people had tied.

The color of some ribbons have faded since it was tied up many years ago.

"I am, too. I missed them, I missed Hyejin, and I freaking missed my moon," Yongsun unnie said, looking at the moon.

"But she's now with the  stars, right? With Hyejin-ih," she added.

"Of course, Unnie. They're shining brightly, and they're definitely looking at us," I replied. We both sat on the beach, staring out at the sea.

"It's been a long year since the accident, but I still cry every time I think about it. Do you still send messages to Hyejin?" Yongsun unnie inquired. I agreed with a nod

"Me, too. I'm still writing letters for her because you know how much she loves receiving letters, right? I missed her greasiness."

My sad story is similar to that of Yongsun unnie.

It's been six years since Hyejin and Byulie unnie were killed when the ship they were on sank. They were supposed to travel to Jeju Island, where Yongsun unnie and I had gone to see my grandmother. The first day of spring was that day. Our favorite season

"It's already late; we should rest; I'll go first," unnie stood up and excused herself. Even if she doesn't tell me. I know how much she misses her girlfriend. Every night, I hear her sobbing.

I feel the same way. There will never be a time when I won't miss Hyejin. I'm always thinking about her in my dreams.

I sat on the sand for a while, letting my tears roll down my cheeks.

My heart sinks when I look out at the sea.

I can't help but think about how Byulie unnie and Hyejin suffered. Shouting and crying. Asking for a help

But no one aided them.

I took a piece of paper and a pen and began writing something on it. I fold it into a paper boat and float it in the water. It's my letter to the two most important people in my life. I watched as the waves slowly drew the paper boat away from me, hoping it would take to where the ship sank.

I'm hoping the two of them can read it.

Hyejin-ah, spring was still cold without you by my side. What's it like there?  I'm missing you. I don't know what to do. Tell me how much more should I long for you

Why is time so cruel?  Everytime I visit Jeonju, I remember how we crossed the street Hand by hand. And how we collect every petals of cherry blossom that have fallen.  We're 21 that time. But you remained as what you are. Still 21

How many sleepless nights do I have to take? Hyejin-ah,  hurry! Go home! Lion missed you.  You're alway in my heart. I love you.

Byulie unnie,  yah! You don't know how much Yongsun unnie misses you. You didn't kept your promise that you'll protect us, your babies. But why didn't you protect yourself? Why did you let yourself drown together with your promises? We're not mad unnie, we know, you didn't like what happened to you. You know it all, right? That you're the second best unnie for me. Ofcourse, Yongsun unnie is the first. But still, you're the best!  I love you~

Byulie, Hyejin-ah. We're sorry we couldn't let you guys go with an ease heart . We're sorry if we can't happily look at the flowers blooming every spring. It so painful to lose the two most precious  persons in our lives.

When the weather changes, as the spring comes and the flowers bloomed. We will not forget you. Please wait and stay a little more, okay? We will meet again. To finally see you.

I Hope you have a beautiful journey with the stars above..... All aboard!

Love, Wheenie <3

From: unregistered number
Wheein-ah, did you really wait for me? 

------

A/n: hi! It's been a long time. Anyways, this story was inspired to Selwol ferry tragedy. I kept on seeing it on YouTube. Which breaks my heart.