LAST WINTER (Wheesa) ✓

Hwasa

Everyone knows how much I despise winter, right? I despise how the cold air made my whole body shiver.

But everything changes for a reason.

No.

Everything has changed because of one person.

Wheein.

She changed my mind about hating winter.

Like, I wish it was always winter.

Even though it is a cold season, I want to bring back the feeling of being warm.

It was already 11 p.m. when I decided to leave my room and watch a movie in the living room. I do have my own television in my room, but I was thinking about Wheein. If she wants to do a movie marathon since we both live in the same apartment. Nonetheless, due to our hectic schedules, we don't have time to hang out together.

When I was about to knock on Wheein's door, she was already in the living room. Sitting comfortably on the sofa, watching an English romantic comedy while holding a tub of ice cream. Seriously? Ice cream in the winter. She is, however, extremely strange. But I like it—no. I adore it.

I adore her.

Yes, I admit it. I'm crazy about her. Not only do I adore her as my childhood best friend. But I love her more than a friend. But I'm afraid to tell her how I'm feeling. Why? Of course, we are both females living as idols. I'm just trying to protect our reputation. No, I'm not concerned with my appearance. People have despised me since the start of my career as an Idol. They called me fat, ugly, and dark-skinned. And, by the way, I'm not bothered by it.

But I'm afraid that if I confessed my feelings to Wheein. I'm afraid she'll reject me. And her image. Everyone adores her. Her cuteness and goofy demeanor are enough to make anyone fall in love with her. It's her charm, and she's gorgeous, right? And I will admit

"Jinie!"  My thoughts flew out when Wheein called, and I shook them away, returning to the reality that she can't love me the way I love her. Let's face it, that's the truth, right? But call me a liar if I say I don't have even a smidgeon hope that Wheein will love me back.

"Yah! Wheein-ah! I was about to invite you to a movie marathon, but you're already here watching alone? Without even asking if I wanted to watch with you? " I grumbled, but she just laughed.

"Aww. My baby is mad at me right now. You're too cute, Hyejin-ih. Come here! Sit with me," Wheein said, spreading her arm wide open to receive a hug. Of course, I'll take it.

I discovered myself hugging Wheein. My head is on her chest, her head on top of mine, and both of our hands are snaked into each other. We're both focused on what we're watching, even though I'm not sure what it is. Because I haven't watched it from beginning to end, and because it's an American romantic film with no korean subtitles. I just want to spend time cuddling with Wheein. I hope we can stay this way forever. Being cradled in each other's arms

I'm rubbing my hands together to warm them up. But I was surprised when Wheein took my hand in hers and began rubbing it between her two hands. And then I intertwined it. My heart was flattered by her small gesture.

"Do you still feel cold?" she inquired.

"Ani, thank you Wheein-ah," I said. She only laughed softly. Cute.

I honestly don't understand what the movie was about. Despite the fact that my eyes are fixed on the television, I am drowning in my own thoughts. I'm torn between confessing my feelings to her and ignoring how I truly feel for her. I don't want to ruin and end our nearly ten-year friendship. And it turned out that we'd be awkward with each other in the future because I confessed my feelings for her.

A kissing scene was now playing on the television. When I felt Wheein sniffing the top of my head. We were still in the same position as before. And it felt strange. But I like it. I was also uneasy. Because the butterflies in my stomach have multiplied. And today. I fell even more in love with her.

Don't make this difficult for me, Wheein. I pondered

You have the ability to make me fall for you. Even in the simplest of your antics. Everything about you appeals to me.

"Don't make this too difficult for me...... Hyejin," Wheein said, and I was taken aback. It was supposed to be my thoughts, but I ended up saying it aloud.

"Don't make it difficult for me, Hyejin," she said again. And I'm really perplexed right now.

"Wheein-ah" is the only word that comes to mind right now. I'm at a loss for words because I'm not sure what she's on about.

"You thought I didn't know you had feelings for me, right? You thought I was a fool not noticing that you really love me more than a friend and a co-member of MAMAMOO, right?" Wheein continued. And I'm fucking nervous.

I let go of her hug and looked her in the eyes. She's adopted a solemn expression. That I wished I hadn't seen it.

"I'm sorry," was the only word that came out of my mouth.

""Are you sorry for what?" Wheein inquired. She was still keeping a straight face. Nonetheless, I found it endearing.

"I was being a coward. And uh.... Got scared what other people would say. I don't want to ruin our group's image, especially yours." I paused for a moment, unsure what to say next. " And yes. I have feelings for you. Deeper than being a co-member. More than just a friend. I love you romantically. And............. You don't have to say it Wheein-ah. I know you can't love me back. We're just friends. And let's just forget what I confessed. I hope we can still be friends. Until the day we woke up. So...... Let's call it a night? Goodnight Wheein-" I stated. And I was about to stand up to leave when she drew me into a tight hug. I'm not sure where that came from. Is she hugging me because she feel sorry for me?

"You don't have to be sorry Wheein. I  understand.... Really.... I understand.." i said trying to get out of the hug. But she's too strong e?

""You don't have to apologize, Wheein. I understand.... Really.... I understand," I said, attempting to break free from the hug. But she's too powerful, isn't she?

"No Hyejin-ah. You can't understand......" She paused for a moment, "who said I don't have feelings for you? I like you too- no. I love you too Hyejin-ah. Really... I love you more than friends. Deeper than sister.... I was just waiting for you to confess it. But I am too impatient." Wheein was still hugging me.

"But I'm afraid that will ruin our group. I don't want us to be a burden for the group and company." This is why I'm unsure whether I should confess my feelings for her.

"I'm afraid, too, Hyejin, but I suppose we can try, right?"

There was a strong sense of impending doom. It was something I noticed.

I can't help but laugh. This was what I was looking for. This was something both of us desired. This is how I felt. This connection Despite being aware of the heinous consequences that may result if the truth is revealed.

"Wheein"

As a response, Wheein hummed.

"Can I kiss you?" I hug her tightly after saying those words, trying to hide my embarrassment at having said them.

Wheein only laughs softly. I'm really embarrassed right now.

Wheein stepped back from the hug. And I was sad. I wished I could give her a bigger hug. Forever.

But what took me by surprise? When she held my cheeks and gently pressed her lips against mine.

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9. 1 minute of gentle but passionate kissing I like it.

She parted our lips, and we both panted for air. I licked my lips as I tried Wheein's strawberry-flavored lipbalm.

"Next time, you don't have to ask me that baby; You can do it whenever you want," Wheein said before pulling me into a tight hug.

And, yes, I've changed my mind. Winter is the best season from now on.