Chapter-12: A perfect thank you!

Two days later.

Virat came home after his duty. It was around 7.

He came inside and locked the door and saw Sai sitting there with a huge smile.... A really beautiful one though! Virat thought.

He rubbed his nape and smiled at her.

"So.... Hello Sai! How's Aaba"

"Good evening Virat sir! Aaba's fine."

"Good. So....?"

"Huh?"

"Why didn't it rain today?"

"Huh?"

"I mean... It always used to Rain and gets flooded na?"

Virat was scolding himself in mind for blabbering utter nonsense to her.

"What're you even saying Virat sir?" She asked quite annoyed and confused.

"No.... No!!! Am sorry.... Its just... I was occupied with some thoughts.... And... It came out like this.... I apologise......."

She squinted her eyes on him and nodded his head.

"Its.... Okay!"

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself.

"So what brings you here?" He said with his usual saccharine smile.

"Um.... I'll tell. First please change and come. I will tell!"

"Why Sai?"

'Arrey Virat sir. Trust me!! You first change..... I'll be here downstairs "

Virat nodded and ran to his room as fast as possible.

He put on his comfy shirt and tracks and ran down the stairs almost leaping.
Sai looked at him with surprise.

What happened to him Now?!

"Now tell me!!" He said giggling.

"Um.... Virat sir, are you alright?"

"Yes!"

Did his laboured breathing give away? Did his eyes express himself more than his words? Did he look like a madman? Aching and waiting for love?

"I got something for you!"

Saying this she bent down and took a gift box in her hands.

A gift from his Sai? His smile widened to a wide glee. His eyes twinkled just like kids.

He took the gift from her hand and opened the gift wrap slowly. He opened ghe box to find a small and cute bamboo plant. He looked at the woolen knitted "thank you" embroidered down.

 He looked at the woolen knitted "thank you" embroidered down

"Aaba taught me knitting..... I tried my best, but I donno how it has turned out!" She said in her meek innocent voice.

He caressed the letters with his fingers and hugged it tight to his chest.

"Actually I want to thank you. You supported me a lot when Aaba was unwell. I really needed someone beside me.... To support me
The situations were overwhelming. I felt so lost... Broken and confused.
But you stood beside me and supported.
It meant a lot to me..... A lot. I really wanted to thank you. That's why I bought this gift for you.
Thank you so much Virat sir..... Thanks a lot!" She said in a soft voice. A lone tear dripped down his cheeks.

He didn't realise when his tears started dripping down. He was so overwhelmed with her heartfelt confession. Only he knew how he controlled himself to pull her into a tight hug.

"Thank you So much Virat Sir!"

He took a step forward and held her hands gently. She looked at him down her lashes making his heart skip a beat. They bore themselves... True self. He felt he saw her in her true self. Vulnerable and with fear..... Fear of losing her loved one.

"Am always there for you Sai....." He said in a gentle whisper making Sai smile a bit.

A smile full of thankfulness, care, and......?

_________________________________________

Precap: Calm amidst the storm.

What do you think guys? What might be the "storm"?

Do vote and share ur comments.

Lots and lots of comments please!!!!😊😊

Will meet soon.