Chapter-13: Solace in each other's arms

A few days later.

Virat changed into his nightwear and jumped on the bed hugging the pillow tightly and showering it with kisses.

"Oh my pillow... I loooove You!!! It's been days since we hugged each other. I love you!! Today we'll sleep cuddling each other.

Around midnight.

He heard continuous knocking on the door, which made him fall from the bed in surprise.

Half awake, he scrambled across the room to reach the door, bumping with things and table during his journey. He opened door, much to his surprise.

Sai was standing there in her White Hoodie and Jeans looking like a lost rabbit.

" Sai?!"

"Haan Virat Sir.....!"

His mind gave all the wrong signals.

"Sai what happened? Is everything alright? Is kamal sir alright? What about Usha Maushi? Or is anything wrong?"

"Shh!!! Shaanth! Shaanth!!!!"

"What happened Sai? You're at this time?"Virat asked a bit frustratedly.

So much for some good hours of sleep?

" I know I've disturbed you in a..... Improper time.... Am so so so sorry!!! The thing is I wanna show you a place.....?"

"Can't it wait till morning?" Virat asked groaning.

"Nope! This place looks beautiful at night! If you wanna come.... You can join us!"

"Wait! Who's us?" Virat asked curiously

"Us! Me and Leo!"

He looked at the two choices. One is a good night's sleep. Another is a night out with the love of his life.

Everyone knew what will he choose!

"Okay.... Give me 10 minutes! I'll change and come." He said running towards his room whining about Leo's presence.

__________________

Few minutes later.

"I'll take my car......"

"No Sir! Its just 10 minutes away from here.... We'll go by walk!"

"Okay then! Lead the way doc! Virat said with his usual saccharine smile that's only reserved for Sai.

Outside.

" leo... Baby!!! Slow down Bachcha!!" Sai said pulling him.

"Baby and Bachcha for leo?" Virat asked sarcastically.

"Haan! He's always my bachcha! My jaan...!" Sai started singing praises for leo.

"Where are we going Sai?" He said changing the topic.

"Lake!!" She said excitedly.

"Lake... At this time?"

"Trust me Virat sir... You won't regret it!" She said looking in his eyes.

How can he even say no.... When she pleads him with those puppy dog eyes?!

"How did you convince Kamal sir? About your night out?"

"I didn't! I jumped from the wall!" She said casually.

"What?! Sai are you crazy?! What would've happen if you got hurt? Or god forbid anything serious happens?" He said with hot tears stinging his eyes.

Sai now realised the seriousness of the situation seeing tears in his eyes.

"Am.... Am... Am sorry!!! I didn't mean to.... Don't worry! From next time, I won't do any such stunts!" She promised.