Chapter-22: Passionate encounters

"Look at this pic Virat sir!!" Sai thrusted her mobile on Virat's face.

"Sai! I will see.... Just keep it away from my face na." He said trying to calm the excited Chipmunk who was bouncing on her place. He loved these last few days in hospital except for the gunshot, he loved the attention she gave to him. When Sai Joshi listens, it makes him as if he is the centre of the universe. He oh-so- loved the attention and the way she is excited to share her day's happenings with him

"See na." She whined. He grabbed the mobile from her hand

It was pics from previous night's reception of her nameless friend for which she was asking him opinions on lehenga for.He saw her pictures and videos of dancing and enjoying the party.

He saw her picture in a red lehenga which was designed like a saree with huge works on the heavy duppata. Her hair was tied in a low bun with few strands left free to frame her face. A small diamond nose stud, accentuated her face as she looked like a damsel who just landed on the earth. The highlight of the entire look was... She was wearing a sneakers.

"So so???????" She asked grinning.

"You look as gorgeous as ever.... Is that even a question Sai?" He asked smirking slyly. She blushed at his reply and he sighed dramatically. She looked more beautiful and.... Exotic while blushing.

"Sneakers?" He asked cheekily.

"I can't walk on heels...." She said shyly. A rare shade of pink adorned her cheeks.

"Don't you have flats?" He asked cheekily.

"New trend Virat sir!" She said in an oh-so-obvious tone.

"Sai come here a minute...." He said tapping the space on his bed. Though confused, she moved from the visitor's chair to the bed. He held her hand and sat on the bed properly making her hurl him a number of curses for stressing his injured arm.

"Sai.... Come closer na...." He asked her, voice dropped to a husky whisper. Sai could feel herself shivering and blushing as she moved a bit closer. He cupped her face in one hand while she gasped.

"Wuh....?" He shushed her.

"Shh! Tell me you are uncomfortable.... I will move back right now." She didn't move back as she stared into the depth of his eyes. She didn't feel uncomfortable as a blazing warmth and an unknown emotion warmed the room lest she shivered.

Holding her palm in one hand, he slid his ring finger along the waterline of her eyes where she applied the kohl. She froze, without blinking nor breathing. Heat throbbed within herself as she was lost in the gentle caresses of his palm. She felt his shallow warm breaths on her lips which made her throat dry. Once wiping some Kohl from her eyes, he placed his warm finger on her gooseflesh, right below her ears.

A small black dot!

"Warding off all the evil eyes from this beauty!" He whispered huskily near the outer shell of her ear. All reasons fled and she was lost, the air hitching in her throat, a mere heartbeat as she reciprocated his passionate look. He looked at her glossy eyes which were carrying intense yet unknown and warm emotion. He clutched her close, his irregular breathing in sync with her soft gasps. Her eyes were glossed because of lack of blinking, but yet she didn't have the energy nor the will to blink as she was lost in his charcoal depths of his eyes. His eyes were a dark shade of black, which made her warm.

"So... Tell me what happened in the party?" He asked changing the atmosphere of the room. He was so damn sure that if he kept looking into her passionate eyes, the thoughts and maybe even actions might travel to a very different territory which is far from platonic. She looked ar him as if someone poured ice water on her and gave her a nice shake. Once creating a acceptable distance from him, she took a deep breath trying to calm her raging heart and overthinking mind.

"Sai?"

"Hmm?"

"Tell na. What happened in the reception?"

"Nothing... Just dance, some fun with friends, dinner and back home." She said nonchalantly.

"Dance? You know how to dance?"

"Nah! Just random moves...."

"Which song?"

"Dheeme Dheeme."

"God I hate that song!" Virat sighed dramatically.

"Why?" She asked curiously

"That neither has a rhythm nor a memorable tune... Just random lyrics with thumping noises.... Who even likes that song?" He said begrudgingly.

"Don't! It IS a good peppy party song. People like your don't vibe with others." She said angrily.

"Wait... What is this " people like you"" he air quoted.

"Well... People like you... You guys are too normal, rigid, perfectionist... Who will never let loose even for the parties. Antonym for fun sorta people...." She said nonchalantly.

"Oh! Am late.... I will meet you later Virat Sir!" She said as she dashed outta the room leaving a very dazed confused and maybe... Hurt, Virat.

A very confused Virat dialled to the angel of love and advises.

Sunny.

"Bhaaaiiiii.... How are you man?" Sunny guffawed from other side. After some pleasantries, Virat came to the main point.

"Sunny.... Your girlfriend and you have... Polarizing tastes na? Then how are you guys managing?" Virat asked slowly.

"Ah! I wondered why my friend suddenly decided to call.... This is the reason haan?" Sunny asked cheekily.

"Say na yaaaaaa!!!" Virat pleaded.

"We do have certain difference in opinions..... Sometimes we do fight. But yes.... It's all about understanding each other's perspective." Sunny advised.

Once cutting the call.... Virat realised one thing,

This doesn't help anyway!!

Sleep was far from him that night, as his overthinking dramatic mind decided that Sai will not love him because he doesn't like Dheeme Dheeme... And he's old school. The rising insecurity of him not being suitable or in.. Vibe with her,flourished greatly that night. There wasn't a big difference in their age... But the 4 to 5 years of age difference sparked various opinions and judgements on himself and how it gonna impact their relationship.

His heart knew this was a very very silly discussion but his mind decided to rebel against every comforting advices of his heart.
____________________________________

Apologies for the terrible filler chappy!

No precap!❤️

NOTE: The book is gonna end soon.... Excited for the ending?🤗
Don't fret out guys!😅 I've planned surprises

Anyone wants a few more hospital scenes? Some happy romantic moments? Do comment.

Do vote and share your comments. Lots and lots of comments please.

Will meet soon.