Chapter-23: Who's the doctor?!

The next day,

Sai couldn't concentrate on anything as her mind replayed the previous day's incident repeatedly leaving her breathless and with flushed face. Aniket was almost chasing her with a syringe thinking that she is very sick.

Little did he know... She was love sick.

During her regular rounds, she was a lil excited to knock on Virat's door. Once setting her hair and dress properly and making sure she was decent.... And maybe, beautiful. She entered Virat's room only to gasp in shock.... Once again. The entire Chavan clan were looking at her as she stared at them awkwardly.

This non-verbal exchange continued for few minutes until Bhavani broke the silence.

"See.... We don't need any entertainers now... You can lea.." Before she could complete, Sai gasped in opposition.

"Aunty... Am..."

"She is a doctor Kaku." Samrat spoke for her. Everyone looked at her with surprise while she was confused.

She doesn't look like doctor.... Even a percent? Then why the hell everyone is looking at her in surprise?!

"Um.... I can bring my certificates if you want" Sai suggested slowly.

"No need. But why did you lie that day...." Bhavani asked seriously. Sai cursed her fate for the interrogation and judgementive stares she has been receiving for past 10 minutes.

After some minutes on interrogation and when they were finally sure that She is indeed a doctor, they let her check him. On the other side, Virat was fidgeting on his bed with anticipation and cursed the matriarch mentally for the interrogation his woman was subjected too.

"Ahem... So Mr. Chavan" she called him in a formal and professional tone as she inspected his hand. He looked at the slight blush and heaving breaths of her and grinned widely leaving everyone in confusion.

"Can you move your hand? Is there any discomfort?" She asked as she checked the report.

"Slight pain.... Otherwise am good." He replied. She lifted her head from the health chart and looked at him, he grinned slyly and winked at her making her gasp audibly.

"Is everything okay?" Ashwini asked worriedly.

"Um... Yes... Everything is okay. Don't worry! Don't worry! No need to worry... Everything is fine." She babbled.

"Sai, why are you repeating the same words again and again?" Samrat asked cheekily earning a punch from Pakhi who was signalling him to stay silent.

"Ask your brother to stop bullying me. Otherwise am gonna punch him hard on his face" she muttered angrily to Virat.

"Stop teasing her Jeeva." Virat ordered.

"Ohhhh okay Shiva." Samrat said dramatically.

"Hey! What's wrong with Godu? Why is he being Cranky?"

"Mujhe kya pata?" Samrat acted nonchalant.

But, can mother's eye miss anything? SHe saw her not-so-innocent godu flirting and winking at her. While she was trying hard not to blush. She finally heaved a sigh of realisation! Her son was straight. With the way he never showed interest in any girls, a thought grew in her head that he might be a gay. Not that she had issues with that.... Infact she was the only progressive elder in the family of archaic thought. But she was in confusion.... Now finally her doubts had been cleared. She grinned and whispered the same to Samrat who burst out laughing.

"Is there something funny?" Virat asked seriously. Samrat shook his head trying to control his giggles. Once done with his checkup, Sai walked towards the door, she sneakily turned to catch a view of him. He grinned and winked at her. She turned and slammed herself to the door scraming outta the place.