Chapter-16: Tales of Babysitting....(Or) Dog sitting!

A week later,

Virat was finally on his bed after a long time. When he was about to close his eyes,

Tring-tring

"What's with people's obsession in destroying my sleep?" He growled furiously.

But, his growl switched to an instant smile when he saw the caller id.

Sai.

"Hello Virat Sir!!!" Squeaked a voice from the other side.

"Hi Sai...!" He wished her with his huge plastered grin.

"Were you sleeping?"

He looked at the time. The clock struck 1.

"No. Definitely not!" He said with a tint of sarcasm which went unnoticed by Sai.

"Uff! Am such a fool! I've called a person at 1 and am asking are you sleeping or not!" She ranted without a break. Virat rolled his eyes and smiled cutely.

She was one hell of a chatter box!

"Oh man! I totally forgot why did I call you!"

"Now you remembered?" Virat asked suppressing his yawn.

"No.... I forgot! I'll call you when I remember it!" She said sulking. Before he could respond, Sai cut the call making him groan in frustration.

10 minutes later,

Virat's phone rung.... Yet again!

"Hello!' He said in his sleepy tone.

" I remembered why I called you!" She said with a proud smile.

"Finally!"

"You know na... Aaba is leaving out of town tonight....."

"Haan! He said he wanted to submit some files. So he's going to delhi......!"

"Yes! Same!"

'What happened for that? Kamal sir is alright na?" He said with worry marring his face.

"Aaba is fine! He just msgd me saying that, he's in railway station! The problem is with me!" She said making Virat's heart skip a beat.

"Problem? What problem? Is everything alright? Are you stuck somewhere? Are you alright?" He said breathlessly.

"Sh!! Calm down Sir! Take deep breath... Calm down!"

"What happened Sai?"

"Woh... Am leaving for a medical camp tomorrow! It's for 2 days! I'll come by day after......" Said Sai making Virat's heart skip a beat.

At this rate,Heart attack is not far for him.

"Camp? And you're saying this now?"

"It was kinda last minute plan. Am just a replacement... Another doc backed off last minute, so I had to sign in for this!"

"This is not fair!!!" He whined.

"Okay! Now don't let me forget again...... I need a help from you!"

"Say!" He said sadly.

"I need you to take care of Leo. Anyway tomorrow is Sunday...... So you don't have to worry about Police station.... Can you please! Please take care of him!!!"

"Wait... What?!" He said aloud making Sai's ears ring.

"Please! Please! Leo is a good boy! He won't bite... Please please!!"

"No! This is not done! Give him to Usha Maushi na?" He said as fear gripped his legs.

"Usha Maushi is also out of town! Please please pleaseeee!!! Key is with watchman Chachu." She whined.

"No Sai! I won't do this!!"

"Please.... At least for me!"

"For me...." This word strung his heart.

"Sai....."

"Please Virat Sir!!"

"Fineee!!!"

"Thank you so muchhh!!!!! Okay, now I've to pack! Bye bye byeee!!!"

"But....!" Before he could reply, Sai cut the call.

Virat couldn't sleep that night. His entire night was haunted with a certain 4 legged almost wolf like creature jumping on him and cuddling with me. This sight made Virat gulp in fear.

Virat called his saviour.

"Bhai, Sunny!! I need ur help. Come to Gadchiroli ASAP!!"

Next day,

"Bhai! I can't believe you're still afraid of dogs!"Sunny teased Virat making him frown.

"Am not afraid.... It's just.... I don't like.... Its just...." Virat stuttered in embarrassment

"It's okay... I can understand." Sunny said controlling his laughter.

Inside,

They saw Leo standing near the door with inquisitive eyes making Virat gulp.

'Um... You stand in front of me na!" Virat moved behind Sunny.

"Bhai! Is this dog or Wolf?" Sunny said in surprise

"Same doubt!"

Leo barked making Virat jump on the nearest chair.

"Leo... Chu... Chup!!!" He stuttered making Leo Growl.

"Ahhhh!!!" Virat ran out.

"Bhai.. I guess he wanna go for a walk...!" Sunny said holding the leash preparing for a walk.

Seeing the Leash and a stranger, Leo howled Yet again.... This time making Sunny Jump back.

"Bhai.... He doesn't know me... You try na!" Sunny forwarded the leash making Virat gulp in fear.

"Oh... Oh...ohkay...."

He knelt down with the Leash. Leo saw him with its large brown eyes and whimpered at him.

"Aaja... Aaja... Beta! Leo Beta....!" Virat gulped in fear and Leo settled near his feet licking him

"Yuckkkk!!!!"

Outside the house, Leo Virat and Sunny for a walk.

"Slow down... Slow down Beta!!!' Virat screamed in fear as Leo pulled him with the leash.

"Beta!" Sunny exclaimed controlling his laughter.

"Chup!!"

" I never ever imagined you.... Taking a dog for a walk...that too in someone's saying!!"

Virat blushed.

"So... Sai haan?" Sunny asked slowly.

"Dr. Sai Joshi....!"

"Your rain princess....!" Sunny smiled.

"Haan!"

"What a destiny man!"

"Haha....!" Virat smiled awkwardly.

After an hour of walk,

At home.

"Leo Beta... Khana time!!" Virat announced making Leo whimper in excitement.

"A bigger foodie than you!!" Virat said.

Leo nudged his bowl alerting both.

"Okay! Calm down beta!!" Virat scooped some pedigree and dropped in Leo's bowl.

"Baap... Beta, whattey duo!"

"Wait what?!"

"Baap....tum, beta tumahara Leo....!" Sunny teased Virat making both Virat and Leo growl.

"Genes man!!!" Sunny teased.

_________________________________________

Apologies for the short update....

Will post next update soonest.

Do vote and share your comments. Will meet soon.