Chapter-18: What's love?

Next day,

"Sai,Kya hua?" He asked as he saw her furrowed brows and hazel eyes lost in her thoughts. She was completely zoned out with a pen between her teeth.

She kept her head on they cold glass of the window of the balcony door. Virat extended a mug of hot chocolate..

"Aaba...." She started. Virat gulped.

"When I told him that am going to Visit you.... He told me no need. I didn't know why?" She asked curiously. Virat heart slammed in his rib cage as he heard the words.

"What... What did you say?" He stuttered.

"I told you're my friend. So i'll visit you? What changed suddenly? He was speaking in riddles Virat sir! I couldn't understand anything." She sighed while Virat gulped in pure terror.

He had one chance. Amd he messed it up perfectly.

"Wat was the need to flirt with her yesterday?" He mentally cursed.

"Anyway... Leave that Virat sir!" She dismissed not seeing his panic striken face.

"Okay." He chuckled awkwardly.

"You will never tell me your hot chocolate recipe... Will you?" She asked with her signature puppy face. Virat smiled and nodded his head negatively.

"That's the secret am taking it to my grave!" He said cheekily.

"Virat sir!!! Don't talk about death and all?!" She chided him in worry.

"Okay Baba!! Don't worry." He reassured her.

She grinned and nodded her head.

"Shekhar uncle and Meera aunty were looking gorgeous na? 25 years of togetherness! Wow!" She exclaimed in excitement. Her Amber eyes glowed in the hazy evening lights. Her eyes were so clear, that he could almost see his own reflection in her.

One should be banned from seeing those eyes!

Virat couldn't help but think about her and him in future as they celebrate their milestones together. Gray and old, but still happy and in love.

"Virat sirr!!!!" He shook his head to breakout from the reverie.

"What happened to you today? You are zoning out again and again?" She asked worriedly.

Doctor instincts kicking in!

He gave her an awkward smile and asked her to continue.

"25 years of love. Wow!!" She exclaimed. Virat chuckled as he could literally see stars in her eyes.

They sat in a comfortable silence.

"Virat Sir....?" She whispered slowly

" hmm?'

"What's love?" She asked curiously. He stiffened at her innocent question which created a havoc in his heart.

"Virat sir?"

"H-haan...?"

"what's love? The love shared between a man and his woman? Romantic wala love?" She explained innocently.

Virat nodded his head as he rested his head on the cold window glass as he looked outside. It was raining to its full glory. She looked at him curiously waiting for his answer. He gripped his coffee mug tightly trying to release his tension to it.

He looked at the tiny woman in front of woman who's literally radiating with happiness. The little ball of sunshine. His own sunshine

Virat was always a man of few words. He liked being alone. He never shared his feelings with anyone..... Especially his sadness. He was afraid. Afraid to show his failures and vulnerable side. Afraid that everyone might fall weak because of him. He didn't want to be a weak link.

But......

She saw his failures as well as victories. She saw him smile as well weep his eyes out. She saw him unguarded and vulnerable. Man of few words he was....  She came closest to him never before like anyone.

From Happiness to regrets to failures to victories.... She was with him. Every highs and lows. She saw him, stayed with him and supported him and final saw him with victory in his arms.

How could he explain that without seeing her or talking to her even for a single day makes him go crazy?

How could he tell her she invades his dreams and mind almost every single day. Day or night? Office or home? It didn't matter anymore.

How could he tell that one drop of tear in her eyes burns his heart like no other?

How could he tell that one look of her face or that bewitching smile acts as an antidote for a bad day?

How could he simply tell her that he belongs to her?

His heart...

His soul

His body...

...... Belongs to her and only her!

"Virat sir? Are you even hearing?" She asked in her squeaky voice. He looked at those bewitching eyes now marred with a question. They were in rare shade of hazel with hints of brown.

The inquisitive and expressive girl that she was.... Her eyes spoke more than words. Times when he just drowned in those as she spoke to him. The moments when he lost himself in the deep Abyss of love.... Or something more than love? Something words can't explain?

An eternal sense of happiness and peace to his raging stormy heart!

Light of his life.

"Peace, Sai." He finally answered.

"Huh?" She was confused

"Love for me is peace Sai. Calm amidst the storm. Anchor to my soul....." He explained softly. He couldn't find better phrases to explain his feelings, lest he realised She didn't understand a word

"I can't understand Virat Sir!!" She asked innocently

"You'll Sai. You'll understand it..... Soon!" He patted her hair and she nodded in confusion. He rested his head on the cold window glass watching her intently.

Sai, being as oblivious and confused as ever, continued writing as he day-dreamt a life with her.

Their reverie broke when Sai's phone rung.

"'Haan? Haan Aaba? Par kyun? No... Well.... He's my friend?... Okay... Am coming. Bye" She cut the call disappointedly

"What happened Sai?" Virat asked worried seeing the frowm marring her beautiful face

"What's wrong with Aaba?" She asked angrily

"Kyun? Kya hua?" He asked worriedly.

"I told him am with you.... He's asking me to come home ASAP. I donno what happened? Did you guys fight or something?" She asked curiously.

Virat nodded his head in negative as fear gripped his heart.

"Okay Sir! I will take your leave. Thanks for the hot chocolate."

He smiled at her.

"Byeee!!!" She squealed as she ran outta the door.

_________________________________________

Precap: The raging heart

Do vote and share your comments.

Lots and lots of comments please.

Will meet soon.