Chapter-20: When the disaster strikes

Thanks a lot for your wonderful wishes guys!❤️❤️

Glad and overwhelmed!❤️

Warning: Terrible chapter ahead!

_________________________________________

Few days later,

"Hello....." Sai attended the call groggily. It was 5 in the morning.

"Sai!!!" Aniket sounded alarmed from the other side.

"Idiot! It's 5 in the morning. Can't you lemme sleep in peace?!" She blasted him.

"Sai!!" Kamal called her from downstairs.

"Sai... Listen.... Wait...." Before he could reply, she cut the call and ran downstairs only to see her father in police attire.

"What happened pa?"

"Don't freak out! Virat sir.... Is shot by the terrorist. Am going to the hospital!!" He informed.

"Wuh?" She gulped, trying to relax her pounding heart.

"How Pa?" She asked softly.

"Impulsivity!" He stated. She blinked slowly trying to control those wretched pearl drops from her eyes.

"Sai... I have to go now, will explain later at evening." He said as he rushed out.

Closing the door, Sai slowly walked to her room with her legs falling limp due to the fear growing in her heart.

At the confines of her bedroom,

She gulped the water from her bottle and dialled to her guardian angel.

Aniket.

"Ani!" Sai started only for him to blast her from other side.

"You!!! You!! You!! Idiot!!! Why did you cut my call?! Do you know how important it was?!" Aniket glowered in fury.

"Is it about Virat sir?" She asked sadly trying to hold her strong demeanour.

"Wait.... How did you know? Right, Kamal sir." He realised. She hummed sadly.

"How.... How did it happen Ani?"

"Well, his Colleagues told, that he ventured into the naxal lair all alone without waiting for backup support. " Ani informed.

"What is wrong with him?! Does he think himself to be Rambo or Hrithik Roshan from War or what?! Couldn't he wait a few more minutes for support?! What is wrong with him?" Sai thrashed him.

"Um... Sai, This is Ani? Aniket? Your friend? This is not your Virat sir." He informed sarcastically.

"Sorry.... I just lost my temper"

"It's okay."

"His injuries?" Sai asked in fear

"Slightly critical. The bullet was shot straight to his chest." The tears which she controlled, started to roll down as she gripped the mobile tightly trying to stay calm.

"I'll come in 10 minutes" Sai informed as she rushed to take her coat and Identity card.

She messaged Aniket.

Sai: Which floor?

Ani: Third.

Sai: On the way. Will reach soon.

At hospital,

"Good morning mam" the receptionist wished her.

"Good morning. Virat Chavan, Room number?" Sai asked in worry. The nurse paused a bit to looks at her frazzled and messy hair and her crumpled dress. Realising the gravity of the situation, She immediately typed away in her keyboard to fetch the details.