Chapter 3

"Hello stranger," I greeted my old friend as she answered the door.

"Long time no see!" She exclaimed, motioning for me to come in. "What are you doing back?"

"I thought it was time to come home man. I've missed you all," I smiled plopping down on the sofa.

"We've missed you too. Some more than others," Taylor grimaced.

"How is she holding up?" I sighed.

"Erm, she calls round every two days or so. She sold your house because there was too much there for her to deal with but she's still the same old Jessie that's for sure," Taylor smiled.

"Dot tell her I'm here though right? It's going to take a little time," I replied.

It was nice to hear. I was glad she was going well. It was something I had hoped for.

"Anyways, I'm about to put on some pizza. Want some?" Taylor asked.

"Hell yeah!" I smiled.

That's how we brought the rest if the evening in. Laying on the sofa, eating pizza, drinking beers and playing FIFA.

"Is my old room still vacant?" I asked Taylor through a yawn. I was being polite more than anything

"Of course. Go bed up. G'night," she replied.

I lay on my old bed thinking. If Jessie sold our house it may mean that she wants nothing to do with me anymore. Maybe she's moved on. If she had I'd just have to accept that and move on too. I was the one who left in the first place. I was the one that forced her into the world by herself again. I would have brought this on myself so I would have to deal with it. Although every bone in my body, very fiber of my being hoped and wished that she felt the same way about me as I did about her.

----------------------------------------------

I rolled over and kicked the wall, ouch. What a lovely way to wake up. That and someone was thumping the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Taylor shouted. "Don't get yer knickers in a twist."

"Oh, it's only you." I heard Taylor reply nervously.

"So are you going to stand there all day and look at me or are you going to let me in?" A hushed voice stated.

I knew that voice anywhere. It was Jessie.

"Erm, now isn't really a great time Jess," Taylor spoke.

"I've seen you naked lots of times, just let me in." Jessie giggled like a school girl at her statement, which immediately turned my insides to mush. Man that little laugh was like liquid gold.

I heard the door bang of the wall. Oh shit. It sound like this is happening now whether I like it or not because in pretty sure there's no way out if this one.

"Oh, who stayed over last night Taylor?" Jessie giggled. I could almost hear her eyebrows wagging. God, she hadn't changed. At all. That reoccurring little giggle was enough to make me beam.

"No one," Taylor replied.

"Then who's suit-." Jessie stopped mid sentence. "Who's phone is that-." She stopped mid sentence again. "It's not is it?" Jessie asked. I heard her voice waver slightly.

Taylor never spoke.

"She's here, isn't she?" Jessie approached the subject carefully.

I got up and pulled on the sweats I was wearing yesterday. I could hear Taylor stuttering over what to say next. The tension in the air was thick. Here goes nothing I guess. I stepped out of the room.

"Yeah, I'm here." I said timidly, slowly looking at my Jessica.

God damn she was beautiful. She hadn't changed a bit. Still the same shade of hair dye, still the same perfume, still the same clothes, still the same beautiful green eyes, still the same Jessie.

Jessie looked at me incredulously for a minute. She looked like she thought she had seen a ghost. A small smile formed on her lips.

"Row?" She stated.

I took the few paces across the floor and embraced her in my arms. God she still smelt the same, felt the same. I squeezed her body tighter to mine.

"I've missed you," I whispered in her ear.

"I missed you too," she responded.

Her voice was like pure magic in my ears. Nothing could compete to the sound of her voice in my ears. I pulled away slightly and stroked her face with my thumb.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked. She nodded once. The whole time we had yet to break eye contact for a second.

I brought Jessie's face to mine and pecked her lips once. It still felt so right. I repeated my actions only producing a slower more lasting kiss. I was glad that she still tastes the same. I sighed a sigh of relief after pulling away. Now I truly felt home.