Chapter 24

"Let me see your freaking ring!" Holly exclaimed when we got through the door of Jessie's parent's house.

Jessie giggled proudly, making me beam. I let her go from my arm as I went to retrieve Harper. I heard Holly shriek again before her and Jessie began laughing and talking like little school girls.

"Congratulations," Rose chuckled, kissing my cheek as she handed me my daughter. I thanked her before turning my attention to the other beautiful girl in my life. The five days away from her really brought her growth to the forefront of my mind. She had grown so much since she had left the hospital. Instead of looking like a fragile, premature newborn, she now looked like a lively little infant. My attention was torn from my daughter by another child, or someone who was acting like one.

"And you!" Holly remarked, loudly. "Why was I not in the know about this?"

"I was in Paris," I reminded her, which wasn't a great idea.

"Jessie! You could get married in Paris!" She announced.

"No fecking way," I informed, both Holly and Jessie before the idea implanted itself in any of their two heads.

"And why the hell not?" Holly argued.

"Because it's not special to either of us. Plus it's shit," I replied.

"That is enough swearing around my baby girl," Jessie intervened, taking Harper from my arms into the kitchen. Holly followed her like a lost puppy with magazines in her hand for 'plenty of inspiration and ideas'. That left Stephen and I in the living room.

"You have your hands full now Rowan," he informed me.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," I smiled.

"Your head is going to be away,"

"Oh, it will be worth it," I assured. Thinking of Jessie by my side for the rest if my life have me the motivation to feel like I could achieve anything. Absolutely anything in the world. I felt like I had power in my life, to be in charge of my future and that was a nice feeling, for once.

"Rowan, what about getting married in Cyprus," Holly asked me when Stephen and I returned to the kitchen.

"No," I sighed, sitting down beside my fiancée and my child.

"What if we get married in Northern Ireland," Jessie murmured in my ear. A smile broke across my face.

"That is flipping fantastic!" Holly yelled, disturbing Harper.

"Shut up, Holly," I smiled, along with everyone in the room, taking the baby from Jessie and hushing her.

"Because you proposed in a place special to Jessie so she can say 'I do', in a place special to you," she whispered.

Everyone laughed an we had a quiet evening at my future in law's, as Hannah phrased it when she came over, after calling Rachel and telling her that I had gone through with it. However, it wasn't long until Jessie and I had retreated home and put Harper to bed before going there ourselves.

"Thank you, for everything," Jessie smiled, before softly taking my lips between hers moving slowly on my mouth in a love filled action.

"You have no reason to thank me darling," I replied quietly, with my eyes still closed from our kiss.

"You showed me the world," Jessie breathed, her hot breath tickling my cheek in an exciting way.

"Shine and shimmering?" I questioned lightheartedly, trying not to laugh.

"Oh shut it you fool. I was trying to be romantic," she huffed.

"I'm sorry princess," I said, excusing myself before shuffling closer. "Be romantic now then. I'm all ears."

Jessie scooted into my side resting her chin on my shoulder. "I never thought I would find you, the one I'd spend eternity with. But I'm so glad it's you. Not only my other half but my best friend. Thank you," she confessed, kissing my neck once before resting her head on my chest. I gave her shoulder a slight squeeze with my left hand to show her I appreciated what she said before snuggling in beside my soul mate and watched her fall asleep.