Chapter 6

"So how'd it go?" Taylor asked when I got to hers and handed her the keys.

"It went well actually," I smiled.

"Did you's get it on?" She smirked.

"Is my sex life the only interesting thing about me?" I asked her.

"Yeah, pretty much," she replied.

I chuckled. "Shut up you knob."

I went to my room and looked around. I decided I was going to put some foundations down once for my life and I had to do it now before I changed my mind. I looked in the brown envelope of cash. I had enough to pay a cash deposit. I packed everything back into my suitcase, except for my laptop and made my bed before plunking myself down on to it typing 'Apartments to Rent' into the google search bar. I looked through every web page you could find for the next two hours. Sure some of them were nice but none really caught my eye. Until I looked into the suburbs. One jumped at me instantly. I rang the landlord and asked about booking a viewing. I had been lucky enough that he was just about to let a possible tenant in for a viewing now so he could slot me in after.

"Taylor!" I shouted, pulling on decent clothes.

"What?" She asked, her mouth full of Doritos.

"Come with me, I need your car again," I told her.

I grabbed my suitcase and the envelope of cash before pulling on my jacket and making my way downstairs.

"Do you want fish and chips on the way?" I asked Taylor.

"Yeah, but you haven't told me where we are going yet," she said.

"I'm going to look at an apartment," I smiled.

"Where did you get all the money?" Taylor asked.

"I was busy in New York you know, I told you that," I replied.

Taylor was making it out like I was floating in it. I wasn't. I had enough to comfortably get back on my feet. I had enough for the essentials which was a decent place to live and to provide for myself.

We arrived at the house within 20 minutes and the landlord was just seeing the other tenants out.

"Hello, Mr. Brown, I'm Rowan," I introduced myself.

"Alright Rowan, right this way," he told me.

We walked straight into a huge open planned kitchen, living and dining area. It was beautiful and I could really see some potential. Mr. Brown then took is up stairs to the second floor. There was a spacious family bathroom at the top of the stairs. To the left of the bathroom there were two twin guest bedrooms and to the right was a luxurious master bedroom with a modern un suite bathroom. The bedroom opened out onto a beautiful balcony with wooden siding and a small jacuzzi. It was beautiful. He then took Taylor and I back outside to show us the small front lawn and enclosed back garden. To the left of the garden there was a small one car garage.

"I'll give you some time to explore for yourselves," Mr. brown said excusing himself. We both walked back inside.

"Wow," Taylor said, completely in awe.

"Wow is right," I agreed.

"I like it," Taylor told me, running her hand over the marble worktop of the kitchen counter.

"I love it," I sighed. I really did. This place had me written all over it. The place was very modern but I could easily make it feel like my home. Mr. Brown then came back into the house.

"It's a great place, just half a decade old," he said.

"Yeah, I love it. Could we sort out some kind of deal?" I asked, letting him know I was very interested.

----------------------------------------------

"Beers this time?" Taylor asked on our way home.

"Hell yes," I smiled.

I had just successfully rented myself a beautiful place to live. And I would be getting the keys tomorrow.

"You best ring your mum, she'll be over the moon to learn you've decided to stay," Taylor smiled.

"Yeah, well. I have plenty reason to," I grinned back.