Chapter 5

I slumped down on the sofa beside Taylor after Jessie had left for a session in the studio.

"I need your help," I exhaled in desperation.

"I want to take Jessie out tonight. Something really cute but relaxed enough just for it to me me and her. Something that feels like how it used to be," I explained to Taylor.

"Just go dogging," Taylor laughed.

"Screw you," I sighed, throwing a pillow her way.

"Well I don't know asshole," she taunted back.

I waded back to my room and slumped onto my bed this time. What could I possibly do.

Then it hit me - ouch.

I had the best brainwave that I've ever had in my whole entire life. And it was perfect. I was pretty sure that Jessie would love it. So I texted her straight away.

'Hey, I'm going to pick you up at yours at 8pm. Wear something comfortable and cute:). But make sure it's going to keep you warm. See you then beautiful. - C xxx'.

"Hey, here's 20 quid. So lend me your car until tomorrow morning?" I asked Taylor who still hadn't moved from the same spot.

"30 and it's a deal," she coaxed.

"Screw you," I said throwing the extra tenner at her.

"Told ya dogging was a great idea!" Taylor exclaimed.

"I'm not going dogging!" I replied, grabbing her keys and leaving.

I headed straight for Sainsburys, I was sure it had most of the things I would need. By the time I had finished gathering my goods (and some extra little bits and pieces) it was 5 o'clock. Bloody 5 o'clock. I had a few more errands to run before I took of to get ready. I visited Halfords, purchasing a tent and some of the necessary camping gear I may or may not need.

When I returned home I decided showering and getting ready would be my first port of call since everything was going to take a tonne of organising. I hopped into the shower quickly refreshing myself before getting out and towelling myself off.

I placed a white crew neck t-shirt on before adding a black and white check shirt. I decided to wear my cuffed jeans and timberland boots. I hurriedly coaxed my hair into a half decent position and grabbed my essentials before going to prepare everything else.

I set the tent and flashlights to the side as they were ready to go. I sliced the strawberries and placed them in a Tupperware container before doing the same with the grapes before placing the two containers into a box just for easy transportation. I reached for the two flasks and filled them up with coffee placing them inside the box also. I boiled the kettle and filled a hot water bottle incase Jessie did not hied my warm clothes warning. Along with the water bottle the lanterns also went into the box. After folding two hoodies and grabbing my camera and setting them on top, the box was pushed to the side.

I dashed back to my room and folded my duvet and three blankets placing them on top of my pillows. I carried this out to the car before saying goodbye to Taylor. I had five minutes to get to Jessie's before I was late. I arrived on time and she was watching out the window however I still went to the door step and rang the buzzer. Once she opened the door I could see she had listened to my warning somewhat. She wore a long black jumper, khaki ripped jeans and white converse on her feet.

"You definitely listened to the cute instruction," I smiled, pleasantly.

"I tried," she responded, mirroring my smile. She stepped forward and stood on to her tip toes, meaning I only had to bow my head to place a kiss on her lips. We kissed in her door way slowly for what I'd bet was only two minutes, my hands falling to her waist as she pulled away.