Earth Birthday Number 4

Kara walked around school with a glum look on her face, she passed by Jake who looked away the second she was close enough to him.

'This day is already off to a rough start, now I have to add this to it as well. Great.' She thought to herself as she walked to her locker and stood in front of it. A moment later, she opened it to see a note and a small chocolate cupcake.

She picks up the note to read it, "Have an out-of-this-world day for my sister from another planet! Love, Alex." Kara smiled at her sister's present.

"Ooh, what's that?" Blaine asks walking over and smelling the chocolate.

"It's nothing, just something from my sister." Kara half-lied.

"What's it for?" He asked.

"Well, we celebrate the day I was adopted by The Danvers so she's just saying that." Kara fake smiled at him.

"That's cool, have a great day!" Blaine said grinning, gears turning in his head.

"Thank you, I really should get going." Kara closes her locker and heads to her next class, Blaine waits a moment and rushes over to the group of kids in the hall.

"Guys! Guys! We have to do something big for Kara today!" He said to them who looked at him with confusion.

"Why?" Artie asked and Jake nodded with him slightly as he walked over.

"Today is the anniversary of when she was adopted, she just told me! We need to do something!"

"What do you have in mind?" Sam curiously asked.

"I don't know, but it has to be good. She's our friend and this is a special day."

"I have an idea, what if we sang her favorite songs? Like from 'The Wizard of Oz'?" Tina proposed.

"Yes, now you're getting it," Blaine responded. "Any other ideas?" No one spoke up so Blaine continued.

"Okay, so we'll put on a concert for her!"

"No," Lena said, shaking her head and looking down.

"No? What do you mean?" Artie asked.

"I mean, no because she wouldn't really like that but what if we got her, her favorite things?" She walked to stand next to Blaine.

"Like what? We don't know what she likes." Brittany said.

"We don't pay enough attention to her to know that," Kitty honestly said which earned her a soft jab from Tina.

"She's our friend. Sorry Lena, go on." Tina spoke to everyone.

"Thank you. Well I do know what she likes, and I have an idea but I need to make a few calls. If we can do something special something as well, then I can get this to work but I'm going to need it until the end of the day."

"You got it, what if we sang her a song too?" Tina said.

"Yes, you all go find a song," Lena said, they all went their own ways. Lena picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Hey, I have a couple of favors to ask of you," Lena said into the phone.

Lunch

"So how's your day?" Lena asked her as they sat down at the table.

"It's good, today's my Earth birthday," Kara said moving her food around with her fork.

"What's that?"

"It's the day I arrived on Earth, the day I was adopted by the Danvers and my whole life changed. We celebrate it because, for me, it's the anniversary of my arrival on Earth kind of like birthdays are." She told her, then spoke again. "It's also the same day I lost my whole world and I gained a family," Kara quietly uttered, still looking at her food.