Versus

Note: I wrote this BEFORE the episode Naked. In Naked, Jake and Marley confess their love to each other. In this story, they still haven't told each other they love each other.

And...this is a pretty long chapter.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------

~Jake P.O.V~

"Welcome to the New Directions Aylin, Nellie, Charlie and Ryley." Mr Schue says at the beginning of Glee club. I can tell there's something up with that chick, Ryley. She's really distant since she's sitting away from everyone. I also can tell Marley (who's sitting next to me) wants to help her.

"The first assignment of this year is going to be a Girls VS Boys competition and the twist is the girls are singing girl group songs and the boys are singing boy band songs." Mr Schue says.

Finn starts listing groups on the board. One Direction, Little Mix, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Take That, The Wanted etc.

"Mr Schue and I will be judging you guys so good luck." Finn says.

The girls split apart from the boys. Ryley still sits in the same spot though and I can see Marley going to talk to Ryley.

-----------------------------------------

~No P.O.V~

"Hi, I'm Marley Rose." Marley says, greeting Ryley.

"Hi, I'm Ryley Bridges." Ryley says.

Marley can tell Ryley is a tomboy with her fake black framed nerd glasses, beanie that sits on the back of her head to show off her short brown hair and it's side fringe, skinny jeans, a tight t-shirt with a TV show cartoon character on it and her Batman converses.

"Are you going to help us with our number?" Marley asks. Kitty, Sugar, Wade (who has permission to perform with the girls as long as he is Unique for the song), Nellie and Aylin are already discussing.

Ryley rolls her eyes and moves down a seat so she's closer to the girls.

"I'm thinking Little Mix's Wings." Aylin says.

"What about Turn Your Face?" Sugar asks.

"You guys are thinking all the new songs. I'm thinking we perform the amazing old school hit, Wannabe by the Spice Girls." Ryley says, joining in on the conversation.

"We should totally do that." Kitty says.

"Our costumes for it have to be inspired by the Spice Girls." Wade says.

"Yeah." The other girls say.

"As long as I'm not wearing a dress, I'm fine." Ryley says.

Marley's really interested to know why this girl, Ryley has such a serious look on life and seems angry.

---------------------------------------

Ryley takes out the books in her locker the next day for class. She looks at her photos of inspiration on her locker door with lyrics that inspire her and people who inspire her. She closes the door to see a surprising person standing there, smiling.

"Shit!" Ryley shouts, "What do you want, Marley?"

"I want to know why you are such a pessimist." Marley says.

"I have personal reasons you don't need to know about." Ryley says and starts walking to her first class to get away from Marley but the perky brunette catches up with the speed walking girl.