Three

Monroe's POV:

I listened to Dre and Kendrick rap to the song that was playing as I looked out the window. The salty air was blowing on my face as we passed by the beach. "The water is so blue." I said to Gwen who smiled and nodded. "A lot of people think that since California is highly populated that the water is not as clean which is not true." She looked out the window with me. I smiled and watched the people go swimming or suntan on the sand. Dre parked at a parking lot that was across from the beach and I quickly took off my seatbelt. I was so excited to get out and explore what Santa Monica had to offer. All four of us got out and started walking down the sidewalk. I was so excited by all of the sights and sounds of the pier. I could smell the freshly grilled hot dogs and hamburgers that were being cooked. It made smile as we walked. "We're about to take you to one of the best places in downtown Santa Monica." Gwen smiled and intertwined her arm with mine. "Where?" I asked her as she stood in front of a huge candy store. "The Candy Baron." She smiled and pushed the door in. I looked around to see all sorts of different colored candies. "Wow." I said amazed as I looked. "I'll take you to my favorite part." Gwen smiled and grabbed my hand. She ran a finger through her teal colored bob. When she stopped, we were surrounded by colorful jelly beans. I gasped as she handed me a bag. "Get whatever you want." She smiled as I walked to the machine and got whatever I wanted. My bag was filled with all the different colored jelly beans as I walked back over to Gwen. Her bag was all the way full and i laughed. "Girl, this is enough jelly beans to last me a week." She joked and I smiled. We walked around some more looking at the different candies until it was time to leave.

We walked into the Noodles and Co restaurant and we got seated at a table. "So is this place good?" I asked Gwen as we were given menus. "Yeah, I go to this place religiously." She joked, making me laugh. "What's the best thing to order?" "Penne Rosa." She said to me as the waiter walked over to us. We ordered what we wanted and she smiled and walked away. "Are you starting school on Monday?" Gwen Asked and i nodded. "Is the school nice? Johnie told me that it was." I chewed on my bottom lip. I don't want to go to a school that will make me regret moving here. "Yeah the school is really nice. It's a private school so you'll like it." Kendrick said to me and i nodded as the waiter brought back our food and drinks. "Enjoy." She smiled and walked away.

"Wow it's so beautiful out here." I said to Gwen as the sun started to set. After Noodles and Co, we just walked around for a few hours. Now we're going to go to an ice cream parlor to end our perfect day. We walked into the nearest Pinkberry, a really cute frozen yogurt store. We grabbed our bowls and walked to the yogurt dispensers. I got my two favorite flavors, strawberry and vanilla, and went to the toppings. When I finished piling up my yogurt, we went over to the cashier to pay for our yogurts. "Why didn't you get that much?" Gwen asked me as she looked into my bowl. "I didn't want it to cost that much." I blushed and she smiled. I looked into hers and she has the bowl almost filled to the top. "It didn't matter how much you put in there. You could've filled it to the top." Dre said to me and i nodded. After he paid, we left the store. I had such a great day today, I love going sightseeing with my new friends.