Eighteen

Monroe's POV:

After I finished getting dressed, I straightened my hair and put a navy blue headband in my hair. I grabbed my bookbag before walking downstairs. Brian and Kendrick were eating breakfast as I grabbed a plate from the kitchen. "Morning." They both said to me. "Morning." I smiled back before fixing myself some toast with peanut butter and a banana. I sat down at the table before starting to eat and play on my phone. The table was quiet except for the occasional voices from the boys' snapchats and their chuckle as a reaction. "Ready to go?" Brian asked the both of us before we nodded and stood up. He grabbed the keys from the key dish and walked outside.

I walked to my locker and opened it before a small white piece of paper fell out of it. I furrowed my eyebrows before picking it up and unfolding it. I read the note and it said

Monroe,
The day I saw you
My heart got smitten
The day we met
My soul got sweetly bitten
The day I hugged you
My head felt blissfully dizzy
Baby I desperately hope that
You feel the same for me
Love, your secret admirer

I blushed before quickly putting it in my pocket. I grabbed my necessary books and walked to class.

"Really?" Gwen smiled as we sat outside for lunch. I opened my container of chicken fried rice and started eating. "I'm serious, that's exactly what it said. It was really cute though." I smiled and she hit me playfully. "Moe's got a boyfriend." She sang before I blushed and covered my face. "Shut up!" I smiled and continued eating. "It's adorable. I wish I had a secret admirer note." She said and ate from her salad. "My brothers can't know though. They would flip." I folded the note back and put it in my bag. She nodded. "My brothers the same way."

Ciara picked me up from Oceanography Club and took me home. When I walked into the house, Ezra greeted me with a hug. "Hey, how are you?" I smiled at him. "Good." He smiled as I picked him up. He put his head into my neck as I sat on the couch. He gently kissed my cheek, making me smile.