Five

Monroe's POV:

"Wake up sweetie." Ciara said to me and shook me gently. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. "It's your first day!" She smiled and shook me again. I laughed and gently pushed her away. I sat up in my bed and put my book on my nightstand. "I ironed the clothes you picked out today. They are sitting at your desk with your new school things." She squealed as I got up. "You're way more excited about this than I am." I smiled and crawled out of bed. She laughed and left my room. I walked over to my desk and saw she had out a button down black shirt and khaki skinnies. I walked out of my room and to the closed bathroom door. I groaned and knocked. "It's occupied." I heard Kendrick say and I rolled my eyes. "Cmon Ken, hurry up." I leaned against the wall and waited.

I finished straightening my hair and put it up in a high ponytail with a black hairbow. I slipped on my khaki colored flats and walked down the stairs with my floral print bookbag. "C'mon Moe, we're almost late." Ciara called to me. "I'm coming." I said to her and she handed me some lunch money. Ciara was holding Ezra in her arms as we both walked outside. I got into the passenger seat and she put Ezra in his car seat before getting in the driver's seat. "Are you excited? Nervous? About to pee your pants?" She asked and I laughed. "I'm just nervous. I don't know how they'll think of me." I said to her and she nodded. "I was nervous my first day. Just think about meeting new people and that they won't bite." She smiled and looked at me. I nodded and looked out the window.

"Here's your schedule." The front desk lady said and handed it to me. I held the paper in my hand and read it

Name: Monroe F. Nelson
Grade: 9

1st: World History
2nd: Programming & Software Design Honors
3rd: Yoga
4th: Latin II
5th: Literature & Composition
6th: Geometry Honors
7th: Human Development
8th: Physics Honors

"As you go up in grades, you'll be able to take AP classes." She said and I nodded, looking at Ciara who had a smile on her face. "I'll have one of the ambassadors take you to her class." She smiled and talked on the phone. I chewed on my bottom lip as I waited for someone to pick me up.

"Moe!" I heard Gwen yell down the hall. Everyone's eyes looked at me and I blushed hard as her black bob got closer. "Hey." I smiled and hugged her and she hugged back. "Let me see." She grabbed my schedule. "We have Yoga, Human Development, Geo, and Physics together." She smiled. "Cool." I smiled back as we walked to our yoga class.