Twelve

Monroe's POV:

I wasn't able to sleep at all last night. All I could think about was my father and what he did to me. I'm so happy that I was able to get away from the horrible life before. I'm happy that I have a new family. I laid on my bed, looking up at the ceiling when my door opened. "Are you alright?" Johnie asked me and I shook my head. "I don't feel good." I looked at her and do nodded. "You can stay home from church then." She sat on the side of my bed. I nodded and rubbed my eyes. I sat up and stretched as she left my room.

I put my third day hair up in a bun and walked out of my room. I walked into the kitchen and looked through the cabinets and refrigerator to find something to eat. After quietly deliberating with myself, I decided on a toasted English muffin with peanut butter and banana. I grabbed a paper plate and a cup of milk before fixing my breakfast. I sat on the patio and ate my breakfast while listening to music on my phone. It was already really hot, I could feel the humidity making my hair puffy. "Why?" I pouted to myself, taking my hair down. I sighed and ran my fingers through it and finished my breakfast.

After I washed my hair, I kept it wrapped up in a towel before taking out a plain white tank top and black running shorts. I gently tussled my hair before blow drying it. I smiled to myself when my hair was finished drying and just put it in a ponytail. I grabbed my book before walking to the living room.

"Moe!" I heard someone whisper at me before I felt shaking. "Hm." I mumbled, turning over so i was facing the couch pillows. "I brought you lunch home." they said and I quickly opened my eyes. "Really?" I looked at them to see Ciara. She laughed and nodded, handing me a burrito bowl from Chipotle. "Thank you." I smiled before starting to eat.

I was laying on my bed, finishing up last minute homework when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I looked up to see Kendrick walking into my room. "Hey Ken." I smiled and sat up, he sat on the foot of my bed. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something." He said and I nodded, looking at him. "Someone came up to me while I was at work today. She said that she has a younger sister named Monroe and she showed me a picture of a little girl that looked a lot like you." He said and showed me the picture. I gasped softly and looked at him. "Do you have a sister?"