Nineteen

Monroe's POV:

"Did you get another one?" Gwen asked when I sat down at the lunch table. "Yeah." I blushed before handing the note to her. She unfolded it and smiled as she read it. "Monroe, I think about you in the morning hoping that you, find me charming. I think about you in the afternoon hoping that I, can meet you soon. I think about you in the evening hoping that I, can see you smiling. I think about you in the middle of the night hoping that you, understand my plight. I can't stop thinking about you. I just hope one day, you end up liking me too. Love your secret admirer." She looked up at me and smiled. "Moe, it's so cute!" she squealed, making people look at us. I blushed hard and covered my face. "I just want to know who it is. It's so weird." I grabbed it from her and put it back in my bookbag. "It has to be someone you know. They know exactly what locker is yours. They must be watching you." She said as I looked around. People were sitting and talking to each other. It's weird to know that someone has been watching me and I don't know who they are.

"How's homework going?" Johnie asked me as I sat at the table. "Good." I nodded as I typed in some numbers into my calculator. "I never got to ask how's school going?" She sat beside me. "It's good." I looked at her. "But can I tell you something?" I asked and she sat up a little. "Sure, what's up?" I told her all about the notes I received and she smiled at me. "Please don't tell the boys. I don't want them getting mad." I bit my lip. She squeezed my shoulder gently. "Moe, it's ok. This happens, someone likes you. The only thing that you need to do is figure out who's giving you these notes." She said and I nodded, smiling to myself.