Twenty One

Monroe's POV:

I put my newest book into my small bag as I put my sunglasses on my head. I walked down the stairs to see my sister standing in the living room. "Hey, ready?" Roxy asked and I smiled, nodding. She smiled back before putting her hand on my shoulder and leading outside. I got into the front seat of her car and buckled up as she got in on the drivers side. She cranked her car up before driving off.

"It's so beautiful out here." I smiled as we set up our sitting area. I helped her put up the umbrella and put the huge beach blanket on the sand. Roxy smiled and nodded as we both sat down. I pulled out a pb&j sandwich she made for us and unwrapped it before taking a bite. "How's school going?" She asked me, putting a cigarette in her mouth and lighting it. I bit my lip. "Good, I've been getting notes from someone." I said to her. She smiled. "Really?" She asked and i nodded. "I've never gotten those kind of notes before." She nodded, grabbing my hand and squeezing it. "It's ok. Stuff like that happens." She said, making me nod. "You're right." I sipped from my water. "Do you know who's it from?" She asked and I shook my head. "Not really. I don't really talk to people except my friend Gwen." I answered and Roxy looked at me. "What?" I looked at her. "Do you think it could be her?" She asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. "No, Gwen doesn't like me." I chuckled. Roxy shrugged. "It could be." She said before blowing smoke out of her mouth. I finished eating my sandwich and looked at the waves. Could Gwen actually like me and why wouldn't she tell me?