Nine

Monroe's POV:

"How's school been going?" Johnie asked me as I bit into a piece of grilled chicken. "Good." I nodded and she did too. "Ciara, what's your job?" I asked her abruptly and I bit my lip. "Sorry." I quickly replied and she chuckled. "It's alright. I'm a psychologist." She said and I nodded. "You help people?" She nodded in reply. "Is it fun?" I asked her and she shrugged. "It can be especially when I help them." I nodded and continued eating.

I helped Kendrick wash dishes. When we finished, I walked upstairs to my room and closed my doors. Fridays at the home were horrible. We were supposed to help each other clean but I was always the one who got stuck with everything. Also I always stayed by myself because they never let me play with them. I grabbed a pair of pajamas from my drawer and took off my clothes. I put them on and washed the makeup off my face. I put my hair in a ponytail and sat on my bed, turning the ceiling light off. I looked out the slightly opened window to see the lights of Santa Monica still on. I walked over to the window and put my face against the glass so I could see out. The Palm trees lightly swayed in the breeze, making me smile. I laid down on my bed and slowly went to sleep.
•••

I got out of the shower and dried off, walking to my room with the towel wrapped around me. I put on a pair of light washed high waisted shorts and a black and white striped T-shirt. I tucked my shirt into my shorts and slipped on my black vans. I took my hair out of its messy bun and let it flow down my shoulders. I rarely wear my hair down because of what happened at the home when they cut my hair. My hair is now down to my shoulders, which is around the length it was before it was cut. I grabbed my phone before walking downstairs.

"Let's go ride them to the front of the beach." Nathan said to me, sitting on his black bike. I nodded and got onto my light blue bike before we rode it down the sidewalk. I felt the sea breeze blow past me as we passed the beach. People were swimming or having a picnic with their family.

Nathan stopped at the entrance sign and I stood beside him. "You're so lucky." I said to him and he looked at me. "Why?" "Because you're able to have such a great life right on the beach." I sighed happily.