Seventeen

Monroe's POV:

After my horrible night's sleep, I rolled out of bed and rubbed my eyes. I could hear Phoenix and Ezra singing to the children's church songs that they were taught and it made me smile. I got up and went over to my closet, picking out a black t-shirt dress and black sandals. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth before getting dressed. I brushed my hair, putting it into a neat top knot, before grabbing my purse and going downstairs.

"Good morning!" Phoenix smiled at me as I sat at the breakfast bar. "Morning." I smiled at him. Ciara handed me a cup of chocolate milk and I sipped from it. "Did you sleep well last night? Johnie told me that you had a bad dream." I sighed and nodded. "I had a dream about my mom." I looked at her. She frowned and sat beside me, rubbing my back. "Are you alright?" She asked and I nodded. "I'm better." She nodded and kissed my temple. "Everyone ready for church?" Johnie asked as she walked from down the hall. We all nodded and got up before going outside.

After church, Ciara and I walked down the hall to get Phoenix and Ezra. They go to children's church so that they can play with the other kids. I looked through the large one-way mirror to see Phoenix coloring with two other boys and Ezra playing blocks with another toddler. We walked inside and Phoenix smiled at us. "Mommy!" He smiled and ran to Ciara, jumping into her arms. "Hey baby." She smiled. Ezra walked over to me and I picked him up. His untamed chocolate brown curls tickled my arm as he laid his head on my shoulder. I smiled and kissed his cheek as we left.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I was wearing a navy blue bikini top and the matching high waisted bottoms with small white polka dots. I put my hair up in a messy bun and slipped on some flip-flops before walking outside. Brian and Kendrick were sitting in the hot tub while Nathan and Phoenix were swimming. I walked towards one of the beach chairs and sat down, sighing happily. I played on my phone while the sun shined on my legs.

It randomly got quiet when I felt water squirt onto my stomach. I gasped and looked to see Kendrick, Brian, Nathan, and Phoenix laughing with water guns in their hands. "Seriously!?" I smiled at them before getting up. "It was Kenny's idea!" Phoenix giggled. "Really Phoenix, I thought we were ride or die?" Kendrick pouted. Phoenix laughed as I grabbed a water gun from the ground. "Um guys, we need to run." Brian said before they all looked at me. I smiled and chased them as they all screamed and hid from me.