Ten

Monroe's POV:

I laid against my bed and read The Giver, a classic I got from the school library, when i heard a light knock on the door. I looked up to see Johnie standing in my doorway. "Hey." I smiled lightly and sat up. "Hey." She smiled back. "I was going to tell you that we're having pizza for dinner and wanted to know what kind you like." She said to me and I nodded. "Cheese." I answered and she nodded, writing it on a small notepad. "Ok thanks, sorry for interrupting your reading." I nodded as she walked away.

I put my hair in a messy bun as I walked towards the den. My brothers were already sitting around the couch, eating their pizza and drinking soda. "I have a few cheese slices for you." Ciara smiled and put two on a plate. "Thanks." I smiled and grabbed the plate. I put red pepper flakes and a little Parmesan cheese on the slices. I poured myself a cup of Dr. Pepper before sitting beside Nathan on the couch.

I put my cup on the side table's coaster and bit into my slice of pizza. Everyone was talking amongst themselves before Johnie and Ciara stood in front of the tv. "When the children start school, we have a little movie night every Saturday. We'll eat pizza and watch movies." Johnie started. "Tonight is the first one and we're starting with the letter A." Ciara smiled, holding up the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie case. "Yay!" Phoenix smiled, clapping his hands. I smiled at his excitement as she put the disc in and sat down beside her wife.

When the movie ended, Johnie turned it off and stood up, stretching. "Did you like it?" She asked me, picking up a sleeping Phoenix. I smiled and nodded. "I love superheroes." She nodded too and walked into the hallway towards his room. "Night Monroe." Brian said to me before walking to his room that was next door to mine. I said it back and walked into my room, closing my door. I turned off my light and got under the covers. I yawned and put my phone on the charger before falling asleep.