Thirty Five

Monroe's POV:

After school, I sat on the beach and did my homework. Since we have the beach in our backyard, it's easy to just open the gate and relax. I closed my math book and sat in the warm sand, watching the waves go up to the shore and back. I eventually got up and walked inside, the yells from my foster brothers brought me back to reality. I smiled to myself and walked into the kitchen where Ciara was fixing a salad with Ezra playing on the floor near her. "Hey Monroe." She smiled at me. "Hey Ciara, can I help?" I asked her. She nodded. "Could you set the table?" I grabbed the stack of plates and walked to the kitchen table.

We all sat at the table, eating our spaghetti dinner. "Look mama!" Phoenix yelled happily, making us all look at him. He had spaghetti sauce all over his face as he slurped up the noddle. "You're going to need a bath silly boy." Ciara smiled, making him giggle. "Monroe, we got a message from your case worker." Johnie said to me. I bit my lip. "And she said that you available for adoption." She smiled. My mouth fell open and my fork fell out of my hand. "Really?!" I smiled. She smiled too as I squealed, jumping up and giving her a big hug. She hugged me back as tears fell out of my eyes. I can't believe I'm finally going to belong to a family, my own family.