Seven

Monroe's POV:

I bought two slices of pepperoni pizza and a water bottle before walking over to Gwen. "Took you long enough." She joked before I hit her playfully with my water bottle. We both laughed before walking over to our table. I sat down and started eating some pizza; the sounds of the nearby waves relaxing me. "Monroe!" Gwen yelled and I jumped, looking at her. "What?" "Did you even hear a thing I said?" She asked and i blushed, shaking my head. "After school the oceanography club is going to go snorkeling. Do you want to come?" I smiled widely before nodding. "Of course! I've always wanted to do that." She nodded and smiled too. "Awesome. We're leaving right after school and they'll give us dinner." "Wait, how am I going to get a swimsuit?" I asked her. "I have one you can borrow." I nodded before taking out my phone and going to my messages

to: johnie
Gwen invited me to go snorkeling with the oceanography club, can I?

from: johnie
yeah that's fine

"She said I can go." I smiled and Gwen smiled too.

"Cmon!" Gwen yelled when the bell rang, pulling me out of our last period and towards the girls locker room. "Here you go." She handed me a black bikini top and matching bottoms. I bit my lip before walking over to one of the bathroom stalls. I took off my clothes and put the swimsuit on. I put my hair in a top knot and walked out. "You look amazing." Gwen smiled, wearing a pink and blue Aztec patterned bikini. "You do too." I smiled as I put my clothes over the swimsuit. "Cmon lets go!" Gwen said to me before grabbing her bag and walking outside.

"Welcome to Oceanography club." The leader and science teacher, Mr. Finwick, said to me. "I'm happy to be here." I smiled and got onto the small bus following Gwen. There wasn't that many people on the bus, there was about eight people including Amadeus Schroeder. "Hey Amadeus." Gwen said shyly, sitting in the seat in front of him with me. "Hey Gwen. Hey... Monroe right?" He asked and I nodded. "You can call me Moe." I smiled and he smiled too. "It's nice to meet you. Welcome to the Club." Mr. Finwick got into the driver's seat and turned the bus on. "Let's go snorkeling!" He yelled and everyone cheered.

"It's really cool that you're here." A sophomore girl named Juanita Dejesus smiled. "Thanks. Gwen told me about this today and I think it would be really cool because I love the ocean." I smiled back and zipped up my wetsuit. "I can't believe we're going snorkeling!" I smiled as I sat between Gwen and Juanita. "You're going to love how the fishes look." Juanita smiled as the boat started to move. "How long have you been in this club?" I asked her. "Since freshman year. My older brother would bring me on trips sometimes and it was really cool." I nodded and looked out on the ocean. Many boaters and surfers were on the water and it made me smile. The sailor slowly stopped the boat and Mr. Finwick got up. "Ok clubbers, you guys can swim up to ten feet from the boat. Now get your flippers and goggles and have fun!" He smiled before we all got up and put the equipment on. I held onto Gwen and Juanita's hands before jumping in.