Twenty Six

Monroe's POV:

Gwen and I were walking up Santa Monica's pier, hand in hand. "I've had fun with you today." She smiled and I smiled too. "I want to ask you something." She said as we both sat down on a bench. "Sure, what's up?" I looked at her. "Can I sleepover at your house tonight? It's a good way to meet the rest of your family." She said and I nodded while smiling.

I waited patiently in the living room and stared out the window. I could see the light blue waves of the ocean a few feet away and the dots of people swimming and splashing. "Is she here yet?" Ciara asked me and sat beside me. "No." i pouted. She squeezed my shoulder and I leaned back into her. "She'll be here soon." She said as the doorbell rang. I smiled widely before running to the door. "Hey!" I smiled and hugged her. "Hey." She smiled back as I let her in. "Hey Ms. Nelson." She smiled at Ciara. "Just called me Ciara sweetie." She smiled and hugged Gwen before going to Ezra's room.

I closed my door and laid down on my bed with Gwen laying beside me. "Your room is much bigger than mine." She smiled and faced me. "I'm sure your room is just as pretty as you are." I said and she blushed. "Thanks." She smiled and ran her fingers though her hair. "So what do you want to do now?" I asked her. She shrugged and looked around. "Can we just go sit on your balcony?" She asked me and I looked to see the sun setting over the horizon. I nodded before we both went outside. We sat down beside each other, in silence, as the sun slowly faded away.