Twenty Four

Monroe's POV:

"No I'm not!" I laughed into my phone. "Yes you are! You're way taller than me!" Gwen laughed too. I smiled and sat down at the kitchen table. "Fine, well just have to measure each other this weekend." I smiled, Johnie squeezed my shoulder as she sat beside me. "Let's bet then. If I win, we get to go out on a date of MY choice." She said and I smirked. "Alright, if I win then we go on a date of my choice." "Fine, I'll see you tomorrow." She said before hanging up. I chuckled and put my phone down. "You and Gwen are just like Ciara and I were when we started dating." Johnie smiled. "Really?" I blushed and she nodded. "It was really puppy life with us." She said as Ciara brought a casserole pan out of the kitchen and put it on the table.

"What's going on?" Ciara asked with a smile. "Monroe has a girlfriend." Johnie said, poking me in the side. "Stop." I pushed her away playfully, blushing hard. "Awww, really? What's her name?" Ciara sat down on the other side of me. "Her name's Gwen." I said and Ciara gasped. "Your friend, Gwen?" She asked and I nodded as the boys came downstairs. "Well I'm happy for you Moe." She smiled as I fixed myself some baked spaghetti. I smiled to myself as we started eating, listening to Phoenix talk about his day at school.
•••

I sat by the window, after getting ready today, waiting for Gwen to get here. Johnie and Ciara messed with me all morning as I try to do my makeup for the first time. I only wear eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner every day but I put on eyeshadow, eyeliner, did my eyebrows, mascara, and lipstick today. I want to look pretty for her. When I saw her walking down the sidewalk in front of our house, I smiled widely before opening the door. "Hey." I smiled. She smiled back before quickly walking to me and hugging me. I hugged her back, putting my chin on the top of her head. "I'm taller." I smiled and she laughed before laying her head on my chest. "I know."