Thirty Seven

*Two Days Later*

Monroe's story:

I woke up with a big smile on my face. This is it, the day that changes my entire life forever. "Good morning." I heard Ciara say, walking into my room. "Morning." I smiled, sitting up. "Are you excited?" She asked me, sitting on the edge of my bed. I nodded, running my fingers through my hair. "Alright, let's get ready and we'll go out to eat." She said before walking out of my room. I stood up and looked at my phone, seeing a text from Gwen

from: Gwen💕
congrats babe, I hope your case goes well 😊

to: Gwen💕
thanks bby😘

I smiled and put my phone down before walking to my closet. I pulled out a blush colored jumpsuit and laid it on my bed. I went to the bathroom and took a shower before getting dressed. I carefully straightened my hair and slipped on my light tan wedges. I grabbed my purse and my cell phone before walking downstairs.

I smiled at the waitress as she placed our plates of food down. She set in front of me a chicken pesto omelet, a piece of toast with butter, and a small bowl of fruit. "That's a big waffle!" Phoenix smiled as Ciara cut it up for him. "You should give me some." I joked. "OK." He smiled before putting some on his fork. I smiled as he fed it to me. "You're so sweet. Thank you." I said to him. He nodded before continuing to eat.

I made funny faces at Ezra as we waited for our time in the family court. My other brothers finally got out of school as we waited. "Look Monroe." I heard Johnie say and I looked up. "Roxy." I smiled and ran over to her. "Hey princess. You know I couldn't miss this." She smiled and kissed my temple. I held onto her waist as we walked over to everyone else. "Are you Mo-Mo's big sister?" Phoenix asked her. She smiled and nodded. "Can you be my big sister too?" "Of course." Roxy smiled and hugged him. "Case 64937." We heard a police officer say. I bit my lip nervously as we walked inside.

I held onto Johnie and Ciara's hands as we waited for the judge to finally make us a family. "Monroe, you have been waiting for this for a while, huh?" She asked me. "Yes ma'am. This has been something I've always wanted." I answered. She smiled and nodded. "I, hereby proclaim on March 23, 2017, that Monroe is a part of the Nelson family." She said and hit her mallet on the stand. Johnie and Ciara both hugged me tightly. I felt their tears fall down on my arms. I wiped mine away as my brothers walked over and hugged us.

I felt finally a part of something. In my 14 years of life, I never felt a part of something. Being in an orphanage and moving around from family to family has really affected me. Now that I have a family, I feel complete.

I'm so happy.

A/N: that is it! Monroe's story is complete. I hope you all enjoyed her story and will enjoy all of the other Over-Protective Brothers stories and the other stories I've written. Thank you all for following me! I love you all :)