1.Suck it up

Y/Ns pov.

I rested my head on my arm that was placed onto the counter, waiting for the bartender to finish mixing the drink that I ordered just a few minutes ago.

My eyes watched as I traced a circle on the dark surface. I was bored, there were no good fights on the streets, no work to do, and no ass to kick, it was just a dull day in the lanes again.

The bartender placed the drink next to me, the liquid splashed onto the counter slightly and I nod my head thanking for it.

The real reason I was here? Well, let me tell y'all my story.

When I was only a child I lived topside, I was spoiled, had everything I wanted. Money. Love.Food. Family. Yet, nothing lasts forever.

Everything went down when I was only eleven, my mother was an enforcer, the best of the best. She used to teach me how to shoot a rifle, throw axes, and a couple of punches here and there. To tell you the truth I never fit in with other boys or girls in my neighborhood. Let's say they thought I was too unrefined for their taste. My mother died here, in the lanes.

I never knew or heard what happened to her, I had suspicions that Silco had something to do with it, that's the main reason I'm sitting in this pub right now.

A hand rested onto my shoulder in a second and I turned my head to the person slowly," what do you want?", I spat.

After I came to live in the lanes shit got rough and I had to learn to talk with assholes like the one standing in front of me. All they wanted was to either fight or get into your pants, so I always chose the first option.

"You're a very pretty young girl", my eyes glanced at his hand that stroked my cheek. I scoffed with disgust written all over my face as I slapped his hand away from my face, "Fuck off".

He chuckled brightly, sitting onto the backless chair beside me, "C'mon I want a taste of you, beautiful lady".

I was beyond disgusted as I stared at my cup full of alcohol, staying quiet because I didn't want to make a scene in the pub, where Silco sat and read his stupid papers in the room above.

His hand crept onto my thigh, stroking it gently and rising it every second, I glanced onto his hand with a tiny smile on my face, "Just a taste?", I watched him through the corner of my eye.

" just a ta-", I wiped his smirk instantly from his face by swinging my hand and shoving him down onto the ground.

Everyone in the pub looked over at us, especially me as I hopped down from my chair. This guy wasn't much bigger than me, he was an easy beat," you crazy bitch", the guy stumbled onto his feet, blood running from his nose slightly.

I sighed not interested in him at all, I just wanted to relax and spend my time enjoying my drink, "Y'all never learn, don't you?", I stepped closer to him, a dull expression on my face.

I didn't feel anything, I stopped feeling right after my mother's funeral. Thousands of enforcers around her casket still lingered in my head. Truly an agony.

I hate enforcers from that day, they didn't do anything wrong to me, but I held a grudge for letting my mom die just like that, not even investigating her death causes.

The guy backed away but attempted to hide his fear from me, yet, I could smell it, he was a coward. My hand reached for my bat that was leaning against the counter.

Swinging it with a bright but fake smile on my face, showing it off to him as I bit my lower lip and darted my eyes between him and my bat," you like it?", I giggled at his face full of fear.

He shook his head slightly, knowing he won't get out of this uninjured, and he was right because in a blink of his eyes I swung my bat right at the side of his head, hitting it and taking him onto the pub's dirty floor.

I didn't stop punching him, one blow after another and he laid unconscious, the people around didn't care to help him, that was the good side of living in the lanes, nobody cared if I beat someone's ass, they would just mind their own business and I liked that.

I fixed my position, blowing the loose strand of hair on my face away and placing my bat over my shoulders, one hand on the handle and the other on the edge," what are you looking at?", I scoffed at people who were staring at me just a moment ago.

I hummed slightly, proud of my actions as I plopped the bat against the wall, sitting down and relaxing, pleased that I can enjoy my drink finally.

To my disappointment, I was wrong as a slender figure hopped on top of the counter beside me forcing me to spill my drink," what the fuck", I mumbled under my breath, wiping the liquid from my thighs vigorously and swinging my head to the girl.

"Sorry", she giggled with a childish smirk on her face not even hiding the fact that she did that on purpose.

I ignored her ungenuine apology as my eyes roamed around her figure, her long blue braids fell off the counter almost reaching the floor, blue eyes almost unnoticeable while the neon lights of the pub shone into them.

I was beyond annoyed right now, but I managed to control myself and lifted two of my finger, gesturing to the bartender to make me some more drink. He instantly noticed and after glancing at the woman beside me, I noticed that he got tensed, but still went to make me a drink.

Even if the girl's brows crashed at my ignorance of her presence, I didn't even budge, not even a word from me. I just hope she leaves me alone eventually.

" what's your name, princess?", she began speaking again, trying to get my attention.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname she gave me," why do you wanna know?", my brow rose at her, something inside me made me excited to annoy her, it was like my own little game.

The girl let out a scoff," just because", her voice radiated with irritation already.

I won't lie, she did look kinda awesome with all those belts and bombs around her body," Y/N", I blurted out, reaching for my drink that the bartender just set in front of me, but before I could even touch the glass, the girl beat me to it.

Now, I was the one getting irritated at her actions as she swung the glass up, gulping half of my drink," aren't you going to ask my name?" she coughed slightly at the burning sensation in her throat.

I shook my head, not caring about her name and grabbing my glass out of her hands. My eyes unintentionally fell onto her manicured nails and I chuckled at them silently. Who's she fighting with those? Flies?

She didn't notice my laugh at her nails and sat back, her eyes looking at nothing particular," are you here for Silco?".

My heart dropped and I almost choked on my drink at her words," w-what?", I hid the panic in my voice.

"Oh, I mean for the job offer, are you here to take it?", she shrugged making me frown, was he offering a job? That's it, that could be a perfect opportunity for me to find out what happened to my mother.

I nodded my head hesitantly," well, you're hired!", she flashed me a bright smile making me frown even more than before, what the actual fuck was she talking about.

I was more than confused right now, "what?", even if I sounded stupid I needed to know what she meant.

The girl rolled her eyes in annoyance but laughed right after," I work for Silco, and I get to decide who's accepted into a job, and you seem perfect for it", she grabbed my drink from me again as I listened closely, not caring about the drink anymore," I saw you...", she gestured her hand lazily into nothing, "whatever that was, and you looked hot", the girl sipped onto my drink.

The way she was talking so much annoyed the living shit out of me, but if I wanted to get information about my mother I had to put up with it. Or like my mother used to say,

'suck it up'.